Ipod Touch 6th Gen performance question

edited September 2017 in General
Hi guys,

Am thinking about getting an Ipod Touch 6th Gen for Beatmaker 2 etc and am wondering what sort of performance I can expect? I currently use an Ipod Touch 4th Gen and I can do about 5 tracks with a few effects per channel which is pretty rubbish. It started playing up today though and buffering a lot on a track I created so I'm thinking about ditching it and getting something fresh. Thoughts welcome on what kind of performance I can expect from an Ipod Touch 6th Gen.

Thanks

Comments

• i purchased an ipod touch 6g after ditching my iphone 5 for a galaxy note 4 (needed the s-pen for drawing), after a few month i started missing beatmaker and went for the ipod touch 6g instead of an ipad mini 2 (the ipod touch fit in a wallet and is more powerfull). i don't make heavy projects with beatmaker 2 but so far performance is great. it should be as powerfull as an iphone 6.
  • edited May 2017
    i can run bm2 along with beathawk, thumbjam, jamup pro, garageband, imashine 2 all playing at the same time in bm2's iaa slots with some effects. Performance seems good to me, what could be problematic is the coming Bm3 release, you will have to wait even more and the interface could be quite small. This and the fact that a lot of audio apps are made for ipad only instead of universal. Just don't go for an ipod touch 5g because it is underpowered and 32bit architecture.
  • edited May 2017
    Yeah, you should get pretty good performance with it based on the specs.
  • Thanks I now have an Ipad 9.7 128gb wifi!! ;-) Question for you do you use Audiobus 3 because it seems that BM2 isn't compatible and I'd like to use save stating.

• I'm using one for testing. Performance is pretty respectable for its size and price. Also runs iOS 11 Beta pretty smoothly so it has plenty of life ahead of it.