Scenes and Patterns

Hi I might as well drop the first feature request on the new forum for the new release as it's inevitable right?

I am really enjoying the scene launch on the pad view. At the moment we've only got copy paste. It seems appropriate to have create new/clear and perhaps drag and drop move functionality there as well. I can live without the drag drop if it potentially breaks the app but reordering really is needed imo.

Also, patterns... to me it seems as though getting to the pianoroll takes too much work going to the song arranger/scene view. To me it makes a lot more sense to put access to the patterns and piano roll on the sidebar. What I would propose is a direct navigation to the piano roll screen and then a tab option to toggle between the pattern list and the bank parts. Sum up direct access to pattern piano roll completely separate from the song /scene arranger .

Last but not least a few more editing tools in the same vein as IMachine and MPC Pro: pattern length doubling, clear pattern, clear pad, record to erase pad parts, and the pure icing on the cake would be the step mode that IMachine employs to edit patterns.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• ATM the scene view is useless for me. A bit more ableton possibilities please. Thanks!

• Without the ability to record the MIDI to the timeline live, the scene view is useless to me at the moment. Which is unfortunate as I like the idea of it.

• Agreed getting to piano roll screen is too many clicks from most screens. Makes the whole workflow feel sluggish. Hopefully an easy fix in an update.

Also agree that there should be a way to record a 'scenes' sequencer performance in to the 'song' sequencer.
  • edited July 2017

In addition, it seems we can't remove a pattern from a scene, without deleting the pattern entirely. So currently I clear the scene to repopulate with patterns. A long press should offer the a short menu for that, in the same way it works when long pressing the scene header. Or "no pattern" option in the list of patterns for that group.

• @jblongz said:
    In addition, it seems we can't remove a pattern from a scene, without deleting the pattern entirely. So currently I clear the scene to repopulate with patterns. A long press should offer the a short menu for that, in the same way it works when long pressing the scene header. Or "no pattern" option in the list of patterns for that group.

You don't actually have to delete the pattern from the scene. If you press "stop track" in the bottom left of the pattern section. It will dehighlight the pattern from the scene and it will not play anymore. I agree with your points though, long press/"no pattern" would be nice