record interapp audio as track, not sample; non-quant MIDI

Got BM3 yesterday, I'm really liking it so far - l got a simple song going pretty easily - it sounds great, & I love the workflow.

My big request is that recording audio from other Apps has to be done as a sample instead of raw audio going into the mixer (like you would record a microphone). I tried to get a drum track from Funk Drummer in & was stymied... I read that I had to record it as a sample and trigger it, which to me is not a great way of working at all - it should be treated like any other audio. Feature Request #1!

My 2nd request is to be able to record MIDI (whether by hitting pads or from external device) without any quantization at all (min i think is 1/64) - i plan on using a electronic drum set (yamaha) to record drums, but play with certain drums doing a push or pull on the beat, and quantization kills this. can we have raw MIDI record? Feature Request #2!

Love the app all, great job!

-ts

Comments

• @thumbslapper - Funk Drummer is an IAA, yes? You may need to patch that in through Audiobus 3. AUV3 apps are more direct.

If I understand you correctly, you can indeed record midi with quantization. Just turn off "Q" at the top of Song mode.

• @thumbslapper - had the exact same question - Mathieu's answer below:

You can achieve that pretty easily:

• Create a new audio track
    • Head to the mixer and press the I/O button
    • Choose Internal, and select the Bank (or Pad) that is hosting the plugin

This way, you can hit record and have the recording go straight to Audio Track without sampling it.

• Works nicely, thanks!

• thx ALB/dimsumham for the tips! i'll check them out tonite...

btw, huge props for giving odd time signature support in this app - nothing pisses me off more then only have 4/4 (with maybe 6/8) support in an app.

I plan on also using BM3 as a drum sampler for my Yamaha electronic drum set - with per-pad AU plugins avail it should be awesome...