Saving samples

I am thinking it might be a good idea to have the copy sample option defaulted to on instead of off. I've messed up a bank more than once because of this.

Comments

• +1 yes indeed because I'm manually sampling the iMaschine library one sound at a time with the move to next pad feature and this would help out as far as one less step for me to do before saving

• Haha same here and having great results, when not accidentally deleting my work. Multisampksd instruments are the worst. Do you know how to copy the banks from Machine to BM3 through the export feature?
  • edited July 2017

I've started exporting the iMaschine library to BM3. The method I've been using is this:

1. Start a new project in iMaschine.
    2. Load kits in the four available groups. I've been exporting by expansion.
    3. Choose 'Export for Maschine' and then open in BM3.
    4. Recreate each group as a bank in BM3.
    5. Add a pack name for each expansion and tag the newly created banks.

Also, a question. How can you see the sample assignments in iMaschine for the multi-sampled instruments?

• Many thanks fam, I was thinking about doing that but assumed that it was only formatted to work with maschine on the desktop

• When saving a sample, I set my adsr and save but bm3 does not recognize the settings of the adsr when I reopen, is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

• @NeonTaylor said:
    Many thanks fam, I was thinking about doing that but assumed that it was only formatted to work with maschine on the desktop

Well, it sort of is, so each Maschine Group needs to be manually recreated as a bank. It's tedious, but I love the Maschine expansions, and once I've done this, I can remove iMaschine from my device.

Basically, the export will unzip into the BM3 import folder as a master project folder, the Maschine specific group file, a readme and the samples folder. You can delete everything except samples at this point. Then it's a case of creating a new BM3 bank and loading all the samples onto the pads (I've been putting them in the same order as the original Maschine group) and saving the bank.

Like I said, it's tedious, but I'm doing a few everytime I get a few minutes free time. It'll be worth it once done...

• If anyone has block waves or AudioShare you can do the same thing, importing zip folders of recorded sounds to BM3.
  • Buy the Maschine expansion second hand for the desktop, install, grab the wav files, resell the expansion pack (only do this if you own the iMaschine pack though, NI are arseholes, but you dont walk down the street and rob from every arsehole you see/meet)
  • After I finish ripping and mapping Machine to BM3 I'll probably do the same for my MPC and MPC Pro packs and then ISequence.
  • Also it's possible to save scenes out of Gadget as Ableton projects but they have to be retrieved through iTunes. I hope when IOS 11 comes out we'll be able to get those out of the files app. Dropbox might be another alternative..,
  • @excesseye said:

@NeonTaylor said:
    Many thanks fam, I was thinking about doing that but assumed that it was only formatted to work with maschine on the desktop

Well, it sort of is, so each Maschine Group needs to be manually recreated as a bank. It's tedious, but I love the Maschine expansions, and once I've done this, I can remove iMaschine from my device.

Basically, the export will unzip into the BM3 import folder as a master project folder, the Maschine specific group file, a readme and the samples folder. You can delete everything except samples at this point. Then it's a case of creating a new BM3 bank and loading all the samples onto the pads (I've been putting them in the same order as the original Maschine group) and saving the bank.

Like I said, it's tedious, but I'm doing a few everytime I get a few minutes free time. It'll be worth it once done...

Bro I think I'm past tedious, I've been transferring files for the past 2 days and itching to create something new but I know if I get this knocked out now I won't regret it later, many thanks for the info u saved me plenty of time and now I can go back to creating, I just have to work on gadget next and I'll be all set

• edited July 2017
    @excesseye it's cool that you're using the tags and packs. I am a little distrustful about the database so I've been making folders in the banks presets directory by app, in this case Machine, and then expansion pack, kit, and instrument type. The advantage and disadvantage of this is if you want to change the setting you will get a copy made in the root preset directory. This makes editing a little safer if you screw up provided you always copy the samples. The disadvantage is sometimes a small change requires a save, delete the old and move the new back in. The other advantage however is you can then zip part or the entire banks presets up and share it to another devise or just keep it as a back up. You can still make packs and tags in the database after. Just my take on it.

The multi sampled instruments ought to be named by their root key. As far as I can see they are either C or F# ranging from C1 to C4 I think.
  • @LucidMusicInc Thanks for the insight! I will probably tidy up my folder structure once I'm done creating all the banks. Right now I have made a centralised Maschine folder which has all the samples (with a sub-folder for each expansion). Not sure why I did this, but I guess it made sense at the time :)

• @mathieugarcia in using the slicer I feel that the delete button might be placed a little too close to the trim button. It might be better put beside the process button?
  • Would using iexplorer help?
  • How in the world do you save as a "pack?"
  • I figured it out.....tedious.
  • @KudZu_Tang not sure about packs... I'd stick to using the file browser and making folders for the time being.
  • I heard that. I'm pretty much waiting to start sampling my other apps into BM3 until they make the layer/key group function work similar to the BM2 way. It is so tedious because it doesn't do one layer at a time and go directly to the next key group as in BM2. I really feel robbed of this feature. I could make keyboard presets SUPER fast the old way.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:

I'll see your 'every few minutes' and raise you 4 hours ! Maybe more. And that was only for my favourite maschine expansion kits. I have over 200. No way am I creating banks for all of these. And plus I have learnt to be more disciplined in my sample house keeping rather than being a horder as it kills the creative flow in so much wading through samples.

Yeah, if I had that many I would rethink my approach, for sure! I have maybe 40, and I’m only doing the drum kits, not the melodic stuff. I’m about a third of the way through, just taking it a bit at a time. Not my idea of fun though...