Bounce MIDI to Audio?

Hi,

I have BM3 controlling Propellerhead Thor via IAA. Any way to bounce what I've done to audio so I can free up Thor for more sound design?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2017

One way is to select an empty pad, have thor playing on the background, select thor as input for sampler, set record mode to sync, select how many bars you want to record, push start before loop begins again and it will start recording the length you selected. And you have the right length loop on a pad. Now just set to one shot and draw a note to c3 beginning of the loop.
    Or you can select the sample play mode as hold, which lets you end the loop when the note you draw ends, and if you want to play the whole thing, draw a note from beginning to end.

You could also record it to audio track, but i find it easier to have them on pads, that i can then play with other audio samples on pads muting, soloing them etc. easier than audio tracks

• Huge +1!
    @mathieugarcia mentioned 'freeze track' is coming, so seems it's on its way :)
  • Cool, thanks!

• yep, being able to load Plugin directly on Audio track, and add miditrack with plugin and not only bank, and this MPC is a full fledged DAW almost

• @Heyez said:
    Huge +1!
    @mathieugarcia mentioned 'freeze track' is coming, so seems it's on its way :)

Freeze track? Wouldn't that be to free up resources?
    Well whatever we call it, should be bounce in place like in Auria Pro, but we need to keep the MIDI track somewhere after the process. In AP you must copy the MIDI track to have version available.
    Recording from track A to B (busing) is kinda lame workflow now a day's. Hope this will be fixed somehow.

• @idexis Yeh freeze track/bounce track = basically same thing to me ;)
    Maybe some kind of pop-up freeze menu with tick boxes ('close plugin', 'include fx', 'preserve midi data', 'combine multiple tracks' etc) would make sense.
    Ideally un-freezing and re-editing midi should be as quick/painless as possible :)
  • @Heyez
    Exactly. The plugin ready for next layer, small changes etc.
    Have you tested the function in Auria Pro?

• Haven't used AP. But sounds like it handles things similarly to Sonar X3 on PC. Which is a good way of doing it.
  • For now you can record it to an audio track as show in another thread: https://intua.net/forums/discussion/4739/audio-track-how-to-record-from-au#latest