Song starts from set playback position instead of 0,0,0 each time

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Aaah yeah this is a little UI design glitch in my book.
    When you press play the play button should turn to a pause button || because thats what it is ;)

Press play and song will play, press play again and play cursor will pause at current position, press play again and song will continue to play from that position.

Press stop and play cursor reverts to song start.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2017

This is based very much on grooveboxs which follow the play/pause stop/reset paradigm more often than not, having both styles of transport as an option may be a good call if things like HUI are to be implemented at some point anyway.

And then there are markers to take in to account, once they get implemented they will need to add next and previous on the transport too.

• if you press stop twice it will go to 0,0,0

• edited September 2017

@dizzy said:
    if you press stop twice it will go to 0,0,0

Not sure what you mean by this ?
    I might have missed a transport mode or something, here it goes back to 0 whenever i press stop, i never have to press it twice ?

• edited September 2017

"25, Need Auto-Return for play curser. 'Option' that when I press stop, it goes back to where it was before I pressed play.

@vincent said: We use the loop for that but we'll think about it"

Hope these options are added, they will speed up things immensely!

King

• @5pinlink said:

Not sure what you mean by this ?
    I might have missed a transport mode or something, here it goes back to 0 whenever i press stop, i never have to press it twice ?

Oh yeah I was mixed up. Im used to pressing play to stop when it is playing and in the habit of pressing stop twice cause some other stuff i use does that (maybe ableton? its been a while).Stop once goes back to start of the loop marker, and stop twice goes to t=0. I also have a drum machine where pressing stop goes back to the start of the pattern and pressing stop twice goes to the start of the pattern and kills any audio coming out (reverb tails/long samples etc).

FWIW the behaviour now (starting from playhead position) makes sense to me.

• edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:
    @king interestingly enough although I’m totally used to ‘play begins from last position’, ever since I posted this FR I’ve been using 5pins suggestion of loop drag, which automatically initiates cycle mode /play from loop start, without having to also press the loop cycle button, which was so annoying, just like Vincent suggested. And I’m actually pretty used to that now. So bizarre as that’s never been my work flow in Logic Pro but I’m kinda used to it here now. But happy to see alternative options. Man I love bm3.

Yep!

All good stuff, and various usages here..

I guess I have now grown accustom (been spoilt) by the Auto-Return in 'A Pro' ;)
    It works especially well when one is well zoomed in to an area where the play-head is not seen/showing. eg; the cursor is at bar 30, but your zoomed in to the start, bar 1.
    And if your already zoomed in, you'll have to sometimes zoom back out to see the loop point etc..

Another good use is if you don't want to play from the beginning of the loop, you want to play from the middle of the loop, but want to keep the loop (cycle) on.

When I'm using A-Pro (Daws) I can get very very deep, if I'm zoomed in too deep it would be hard to put the loop where I want on the fly.
    I my case, all I do is tap the timeline where I want and I'm good (zoomed in or out).

Hopefully we will have all the various options.

Intua, don't hold back from giving us power-users options.. or is that 'BeatMaker-Pro'... Yeah I said it ;)

King

• The name 'Beatmaker' is bad enough, lets not go the whole hog and add the word 'Pro'
    It should be called "Intuition" ;)
  • Intua, please don't add ’Pro' to the name, I was just kidding. lol

But do add pro features, all the way.

@triton100 and @5pinlink made me smile, cool runnings.. ;)

And yes, the app has evolved waaaaaaay beyond the name BeatMaker.

King

• On reflection 'BeatMaker Pro' sounds ok.
    I'm not botherd (anymore) what it/an app is called as long as it does what I need. ;)

BeatMaker-Ultimate, BeatMaker-Professinal, BeatMaker-Studio, BM4, BM5, BMX.. (though some folks may think their downloading a bike). Ha

---

King

• It is just a terrible name all in, but that probably got lost in translation somewhere.
    Beatmaker sounds like a toy box, and i suspect it will have the rename much like fruity loops did, but they where able to shorten it to FLS, but Beatmaker shortened to BM is even worse really, it goes from toybox to taking a dump haha

• Haha,

I know what you mean toy-wise. But I guess it was the original intention which just out grew.

I actually preferred when it was called Fruity Loops. Even now I still call it that accidentally.

King