Global CPU meter

Currently the CPU meter is only accessible from the settings page. I’ve had a couple of instances where a muted plugin is consuming a lot of CPU. This causes glitches and eventually all audio stops. An always visible CPU would help me stay on top of runaway FX.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• edited December 2017

Hopefull it will come..

“11, DSP Display. Cpu.. readout on all pages, not just in setting. In the transport area.

@vincent said: Useful yes.”

King

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @triton100 said:

@KING said:
    Hopefull it will come..

“11, DSP Display. Cpu.. readout on all pages, not just in setting. In the transport area.

King

Although useful for sure, on a small iPad screen that constant green flickering can be quite intrusive, unless they were able to calm the large metering jumps / flickering. Or at least give a toggle on off option on the main screen.

good point

• edited December 2017

Options! Always need more options! :-)

Wouldn’t want it no where near the size of the one in settings. lol
    Something around the size of the iPad battery icon is good, even half that height.

AUM’s implementation of it, is another option.. ;)

King

• @triton100 said:

@KING said:
    Hopefull it will come..

King

Although useful for sure, on a small iPad screen that constant green flickering can be quite intrusive, unless they were able to calm the large metering jumps / flickering. Or at least give a toggle on off option on the main screen.

Yes a bar is complete nonsense, just have a percentage readout, easy to read and unobtrusive.

• edited December 2017
    What about showing CPU use per bank?

eg (Bank1: 30% / Bank2: 5% / Bank3: 25% / Aux1: 30%)

Sometimes I load up AU effects on a particular bank (or AUX track) and forget they are there... hogging all my precious CPU cycles!! When the sounds starts to stutter, it would be great to see a breakdown of which banks/tracks are consuming the most CPU

A bit like task manager in Windows :)
  • That would be good as an upgrade for the CPU readout in prefs, for a global one i personally like a simplified one to be honest.
    But yeah CPU and RAM usage per bank, maybe even a table that you could open down to show AU plugins usage per bank too, its often 1 plugin causing issues, would be a great. 
  • I personally think hold bank in mixer, sampler, or performance, would show in context menu. Wouldn't dirty up tabs.
    https://intua.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/115011442766/imagen.png
  • edited December 2017

In the mean time, the cpu readout/metre could be in all browser pages, instead of the (extra) tap on the settings button. So it would always be 1 click away..
    (Maybe not the store page, but who knows)..

King