Bringing Beatmaker Projects into Beatmaker 2

edited May 2011 in General
Has anyone figured out how to bring their beatmaker projects into beatmaker 2? I would hate to lose all my previous projects in the upgrade, is there a way to bring in my old projects into beatmaker 2?

Comments

• edited 2:25AM
    When I connect to my iPhone via WiFi I see that my beatmaker projects have two extensions - a {title}.bm and {title}.bms (I assume one contains the kit and the other the actually sequencing), while beatmaker2 projects have only one file extension: {title}.bm2. So I guess my real question is, is there a file converter or some utility that I can use to convert bm files into bm2 files? Is one planned in the future. This would be very useful - while I can render everything as .wav files, this would obviously force me to lose a considerable amount of flexibility...
    Hi,

You can upload all your BeatMaker 1 projects (.bm & .bms file) and kits (.bmk, .bmkz) to BM2 using FTP. BeatMaker 2 will then be able to open them normally.
    You can then do a Save As within BM2 to convert the project to the newer format.

Cheers,
    Colin

PS: Please use the Support forum next time for this kind of question, thank you!
    Hi,

You can upload all your BeatMaker 1 projects (.bm & .bms file) and kits (.bmk, .bmkz) to BM2 using FTP. BeatMaker 2 will then be able to open them normally.
    You can then do a Save As within BM2 to convert the project to the newer format.

Cheers,
    Colin

PS: Please use the Support forum next time for this kind of question, thank you!

yes you're right, it will open the project.. but this is a little misleading. if you have done anything like non-destructive chop in your BM1 project, it will be all out of whack because there is no non-destructive chop in BM2. not to mention, you have to copy all of the samples to the appropriate folder. i would really suggest bringing back non-destructive chop for the users like myself that have made countless tracks using BM1--give us the ability to seamlessly import BM1 to BM2 projects without it being all messed up and out of whack. also non-destructive chop is awesome! y did you can it???

also another thing that would be great is a locate sample if it doesn't find it from the original directory. say i open a BM1 project in BM2 or any project for that matter and it says "mysample.wav" is missing, give us the option to locate that file and relink it. it seems to me that would be some super easy code to write in.
    Hi,

As stated on this thread on the support forum: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://intua.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2237#p9386">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2237#p9386</a><!-- l -->
    we recently fixed an issue that caused chopped presets from BeatMaker 1 to load improperly in BM2 (sorry about that). The fix will be included in the next update.

We may also add a locate sample feature in a future update.

Cheers,
    Colin