Good sample kits for dubstep?

edited December 2012 in General
I'm looking for some sample kits. I think I will try the new app Audio Elements but that's not enough, I want lots of samples! I'm learning the more samples you got the more fun you can have. Dubstep is what I'm aiming for but anything around that genre I would also like.

Comments

• edited 2:49AM
    I have nearly 20GB of strictly dubstep samples - hard and dirty, liquid, brostep, etc. A mix of sub genres. All depends on what you want to pay to get em or your source for free ones. I bought all mine from loopmasters, producerloops, dancemidisamples. Producerloops site is great. Some of my favorites are the uberschall construction kits. The come in one big file ends in .elastik and then you get the elastik player standalone and vst, but the player has an export button that exports them all into organized wav files in folders, then FTP them to BM2.

You are extremely correct. A good sample library makes it such a blast to put together songs. I make my own if I can't find one to fill the gaps or play out the beats on the pads, record, then export wav as sample and assign to a pad.

Suprisingly, the cost of most of those is considerably cheaper than the sample cd's I bought in late 90's, early 2000 and content is great with much less time spent getting good samples than I spent scouring the net for freebies and I have royalty free samples with receipts if anyone ever likes something that much I put together to offer to pay for a song of mine.

I use them on my PC too. BM 2 is fantastic for sound and putting together a live song with samples is great workflow.

I have nearly 45 GB of dance, trance, breakbeat, downbeat, dnb, hip hop, house, electro samples before I spent on dubstep, but was worth spending on because tat s about all I'm doing now is dubstep and it was a natural progression from downbeat and dnb mixes I was doing.

A good hint is to FTP them to BM 2 a little at a time. Not more than 2 GB, then quit and let BM 2's database catch up, then FTP a little more, etc until you get all you want in there.

I think I'm good for awhile with samples. Time to start making more of my own now too.

Good luck.
  • edited 2:49AM
    if you're on Dropbox, you can use this method to import a bunch of files to/from BM2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RxA51tOx_s

In that video, I show backing up of all of the BM2 files, but you can just open the directories (folders) in BM2 and Dropbox and then press either that left or right buttons to send everything to/from...

Hope that made sense.....