MIDI Control via Patterning Issue

I'm trying to use Patterning to generate sequences into BM3. I have a bank of samples set to listen on Channel 10. Patterning sends eight tracks of notes. In Patterning MIDI I specify Beatmaker 3 Port/Channel 10 and assign notes C3 C#3 D3 etc to the first eight pads in the bank.

When I play Patterning, BM3 plays all incoming notes on whichever pad is selected, no matter the midi input settings for the pads or bank, even if it is set to none.

What??

Comments

• Hey @jstrotter

Ben from Patterning just reached out to me to report a bug in BeatMaker 3.
    This will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu.

• Thanks @mathieugarcia !!

Since you guys are already on it, let me describe all I can more clearly so you guys can get to the bottom of it. I'm loving BM3 so far!

It seems that when an input device is checked on in general midi settings, it listens for all notes and messages on all channels from that device, and sends those messages to whatever pad is selected. Pad MIDI Input port and channel settings as well as pad notes seem to be ignored.

So I have eight samples loaded in Bank A pads A. 1 - A. 8. I have specified the notes for each pad to be C3 C#3 and so on until G (8).

I specify for each pad that I want it to listen to Beatmaker 3 port on Channel 10.

I set Patterning to send each track to Beatmaker 3 port Channel 10 Note C, C#, D, and so on.

When I push play, all notes sent by Patterning, regardless of note information or Channel information set on the pads in BM3, trigger the pad that is selected.

HOWEVER, when I use Pattern to trigger a single pad with AU Ruismaker FM loaded into it, Patterning can trigger all the notes associated with the six oscillators in Ruismaker via BM3 keys.

Hope this helps. Thanks!