BeatMaker 3.0.9 is LIVE!
The BeatMaker 3.0.9 Update is now available on the App Store
- Parameters controlled by a macro will now act as macro knobs themselves, rather than displaying a panel to change/set the value.
- When displaying the FX panel back, restore the position where it was left on.
- Mixer levels can now be switched between traditional green/red levels and track colors. Simply press the “•••” button at the bottom right of the mixer.
- Added a RMS or Peak switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
- Added a channel strip size switch in the Mixer. Simply press the “•••” button to show the option panel.
- The 0dB graduation is now more prominent on mixer channel meters.
- Renamed quantization recording option to “Quantize Note On’s” and “Quantize Note Off’s” for clarity.
- Metronome options are now in a separate panel. To display it, long-press the metronome icon in the transport bar.
- Added metronome volume and tuning in the new metronome panel.
- Added “All Pass” filter type in SV Filter and 6-bands EQ effects.
- “Dynamics” effect improvements.
- Added a toolbar to copy, paste, cut and clear pads when entering “SELECT” mode on the main Perform screen.
- When entering Pads “SELECT” mode, disable Repeat.
- Pressing the browser headers, and the plugins list headers will quickly jump back to the beginning of the list.
- Save and restore full-screen sample editor time reference.
- It is now possible to set any color on tracks, banks & pads with the RGB color selector in the track panel.
- It is now possible to set any color on macros with the RGB color picker in the macro setup panel.
- Keep the order in which parameters are connected to macros, in the macro setup panel.
- Audio tracks can now use any other tracks as their audio input (hardware outputs, auxes, other audio tracks).
- In the Sound Store, you can now see which pack you already own and if they are already installed.
- It is now possible to re-assign focus actions to another device.
- Display sample bit-depth and sample rate in the editors.
- Improved AUv3 & IAA MIDI events timing and sequencer position accuracy.
- In the Settings, it is now possible to set the iOS audio system in “high-quality mode” (aka “measurement”). This mode is intended for apps that need to minimize the amount of system-supplied signal processing to input and output signals.
Sampler & Plugins
- When double-tapping the sequencer stop button, don’t send note off’s messages on all 128 keys and all 16 channels.
- Zoom to maximum level when long-pressing sample editor [+] button.
- Slices can now be exported a separate samples. They will be saved in the main ‘Samples’ directory.
- Added an arm button to enable/disable track recording.
Bug fixes & engine improvements
- Effect presets can now auto-create macros again.
- Bit-crusher max frequency limitation of 20kHz has been lifted.
- In the full-screen plugin view, properly show the AUv3 user interface again after displaying the “Add effect” panel.
- The “nuiFonts.db5” file, which was visible in browser Files mode, is now hidden.
- Fixed an issue with AUv3 MIDI plugins transport state (ie: Rozeta not playing the 1st downbeat).
- Fixed an issue where AUv3 would be notified about sequencer position changes in pre-roll / count-in.
- Fixed an issue with recorded quantized note off’s.
- Fixed an issue where the bank group was not properly restored on session load.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when double-tapping the track header in the Track Helper panel.
- Fixed an issue where user packs filtering would still show after library change.
- Fixed Saturator effect that would still apply output gain regardless of bypass status.
- Fixed an issue preventing some IAA plugins to appear in the list.
- Fixed an critical race condition between the audio engine and the UI that would crash the app when loading presets with lots of samples/layers (ie: BeatMaker Grand Piano).
- Fixed an issue where the audio track input label, in the mixer, would not properly update after reloading a session.
- Fixed the Slice Editor Snap L/R setting that was hidden in the “ENGINE” settings list.
- Fixed an issue on the song editor and sample editor where zoom would get stuck.
- Fixed an issue on the song editor where pinching would cut notes.
- Fixed track listing order in the Audio Export panel.
- Stability improvements.
- Minor visual improvements around the app.