Dear santa...

edited January 2010 in General
...did you know that Beatmaker was the prime reason I even got hold of an ITouch, the software has existed about a year now but there is still no pianoroll!!! Just some frustatingly fiddly note-adjustment-page that can drive anyone crazy. A good example of a pianoroll is when you hear the pitch change when you are moving the little note-blocks in the matrix
And if Intua would have wanted this to become a real MCP-killer don´t you (santa) think they would have included a separate pad-mode, so that one can play each sample in a set chromatically or chopped up. Wouldn´t that have made it a lot more fun????
Have the developers run off or what? And why in heavens name didn´t they imply this from the beginning
I bet they have made alot of money on this. Maybe they are sitting on a paradise island somewhere, sipping daiquiris... or are they, heaven forbid, just lazy.
Another thing on my wishlist is the ability to browse through alot of sounds without first having to choose a beatpack, wich is not practical.

If you can get Intua to get this into my christmas-stocking i think me and thousands of bm-owners would be very happy campers indeed. And if not... well the competition is getting steep. I think I heard of something called MixTikl Which will be out any second now and I can hardly wait getting my hands on that one...

Merry x-mas and a happy new year Santa,
Tomas (9 years old, in Sweden)

Comments

• edited 5:44PM
    correction: Mixtikl (2) is already out (as of december 19th actually, yay!!)
    Yes, I agree with OP. This would be a very welcomed addition. When I bought Beatmaker I was hoping that it had something like this.

-djmikeaaron
    one might want to check out Isequence which exports (to desktop) also to the io library so you can use your song or sample directly to beatmaker...it's a kind of pianoroll/sequencer, very usefull! I don't think beatmaker needs a pianoroll...keeps the inventive flow going!!
    Thank you for pointing out Miktikal! this way Intua forum may become a place to discuss more apps available...but as I see it: all in favor of Beatmaker.
    I checked out Miktikal and it's a beautifull flower...but beatmaker is the very seed of such apps. The loops and samples (let alone complete tracks) Miktikal depends on are in fact composed best in beatmaker! It just depends what one wants to be in control with.
    kind greetings!