Proper way to backup Beatmaker projects

edited January 2010 in General
How can I download a Beatmaker project along with it's samples making sure everything stays in order and working if I ever lose the files on my phone? Right now I only see an option to export either the project or kit, but this doesn't download the samples to the computer.

Comments

• edited 11:39PM
    Hi Mono, I've registered here just to answer you, so you'd better be listening!! I've only had beatmaker a day and a half, but am loving it so far, just wish they'd update soon with a piano roll! Seems it's been about 9 months without an update now, so hopefully they're working on it (anyone?!)..
    Anyway, back to your samples - from what I have read on this very forum, your samples are indeed saved when you save the kit - the .bmkz file is essentially just a zip file, so all you need to do, should you wish to access the individual .wav samples is rename your kit to .zip extension and open it - all the wavs are there!
    If you are only worried about backing up your work (project + samples) for later use in Beatmaker, should your current phone die, then you needn't do any of the above - just rest assured that as long as you have a copy of the project and the kit, you have all you need to reopen the songs in any other copy of Beatmaker.
    If I have this wrong, could someone with more experience please correct me, although I'm pretty sure this is right.
    ....scratch that - I've just tested this myself - your samples are DEFINITELY in the .bmkz!
    Enjoy ;]

Cheers
    Wayne