Will Intua support AKAI iPK25

edited January 2010 in General
Finally, a device that provides an interface to the iphone and iPod touch that includes keyboard and pads. I understand that Akai will open up the interface. Will Intua support it somehow? This device is just being introduced at NAMM 2010
http://www.akaipro.com/ipk25

I would be interested in finding out if everyone else shares my excitement for this keyboard

Comments

• i'm hyped about this...

since i got ipod touch a couple of months ago i've been looking round to see if anyone made a midi controller for it...now they do.

with good software develoment (yeah, the code is being shared by akai) this could mean endless amounts of 'softsynths' for live use, off top of my head i'm thinking ellatron, i.o synth, 8bit, bebot, im going to use it in conjunction with korg microsampler, could be a perfect two-piece portable set-up for travel and live.

if beatmaker could utilise this controller so melodies of spread sampels, as well as just plain triggering of the pads, etc could be recorded with it that would be a pretty serious team-up....

cant wait to see where this is all going, the next few months should be pretty fruitful.

nice work akai. (and beatmaker, great job. hopefully apple will wake up and allow the interpolation of apps again soon. i'm not updating until they do. WHY cant apps share files with each other if agreed. ridiculous....sounds more like a microsoft money hungry hinderance than the 'forward thinking' apple is reknowned for.....i reckon they're working on igarageband and dont want other apps to share the ability...bit like their reluctance to let dj apps use the library...must be working on their own app that does...)