Pads and Building Patterns

edited April 2010 in General
I have a question about building loops. Here's what i'm doing.

I create a loop in the PAD section and push stop. Then when i move to Pattern 2 still in the PAD section it automatically adds the loop from Pattern 1?

How do i get it to stop adding the same loop to each subsequent pattern?

Basically i want to create one pattern, then the next be something different like a drum fill, etc.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited 9:19PM
    you need to just go to the sequencer and remove the first pattern in the next bar? I'm confused as to what your asking bro.
    I'm creating a 4 bar loop in the PAD section. That works fine.

When I go to create my next loop it automatically starts playing the first loop again for some reason, which is annoying me.

This is all in the PAD section.
    Uhh..you can go to the Sequencer an simply remove the first pattern then record your new break pattern.
    Dude, instead of recording just write it out, you can make better detail that way.
    i think i realize what i was doing. the loop really plays whats in the Sequencer even if you're in the PAD section

so in order to create a new loop i do have to go to the Sequencer and remove the first loop and then add a pattern.

i thought i could create multiple loops by just staying in the PAD section, but that doesnt look like its the case...have to go back and forth between PAD and Sequencer i guess.
    Lol yeah bro, there you go, i hinted close to the prob
    Yeah, its a little annoying but you get used to it.
    Btw, try making all your break ahead of time to avoid sequencing issues like inserting bars, its annoying too