Can you export/import beats to/from Protools????

edited July 2008 in General
Does anyone know if you can import the beatmakers files into Protools or export files from protools into beatmaker??? That would be awesome....

Comments

• edited 11:15PM
    No, only by exporting wav's for each tracks or something like that. If beatmaker was able to export and import MIDI files, that would make it a little easier. But proprietary file formats are typically not allowed to be opened by other programs by law.
    Aaaahhh dang,lol, it would be a huge help if I could create loops/beats when Im away from my studio on my Pihone and then load them into Protools and vice cersa....wonder is anyone esle has App that would do that???
    Well you can make loops and beats on beatmaker, and export them as wavs and use those in ProTools. They just wont be multitracked, so you couldn't edit the individual parts. If you wanted to do that, you would have to solo each track in beatmaker and export those as wavs individually. It is possible to do what you are trying to do, but the latter method will take some extra time. And currently Beatmaker is the only DAW on the iPhone, and quite a good one at that. Realize that no program will create a file that will open up as a functioning pro tools session, that would be against the law for a company to make such software.
  • JRKJRK
    edited 11:15PM
    Well you can make loops and beats on beatmaker, and export them as wavs and use those in ProTools. They just wont be multitracked, so you couldn't edit the individual parts. If you wanted to do that, you would have to solo each track in beatmaker and export those as wavs individually. It is possible to do what you are trying to do, but the latter method will take some extra time. And currently Beatmaker is the only DAW on the iPhone, and quite a good one at that. Realize that no program will create a file that will open up as a functioning pro tools session, that would be against the law for a company to make such software.

Exactly. I find it easy to slide it into Pro Tools by creating a 4 or 8 bar loop of the sequence. Following that I would draw in each of the tracks separately in the sequencer to solo them (see pic). I then export the wav file with the tempo in mind. In Pro Tools, set the tempo, snap to grid, drag and drop, mix accordingly. Very easy process!
    photo.jpg
    Dope Tip JRK, I will def be using!
  • JRKJRK
    edited 11:15PM
    Dope Tip JRK, I will def be using!

Glad I could help!