FTP Connection

edited February 2011 in Support
I'm using an FTP client to upload my samples to BM2. I tried a few and they seemed to work fine. But after a minute I got a connection error saying "Please tell me who you are". Now it won't connect at all. I gotta say, I would rather upload my stuff the old way. This seems like adding a middle man into a process that I felt did'nt need it.

Comments

• edited 2:17AM
    It does seem a bit awkward, particularly after itunes app file sharing has become so common. Hopefully intua'll sort this ASAP
    I agree, the wi-fi transfers with Beatpack were bad enough, this FTP business is just ridiculous. Through all the errors and broken connections I've managed to upload about 100MB of samples in 8 hours. I'm tired of developers being lazy and not using the inbuilt iOS file transfer system.
    works fine for me.
    Me too...
    So you guys find transferring files on a modern device at 500 kb/s or less acceptable? Even if your FTP is working the best case scenario is still too slow and cumbersome. A USB enabled device with an OS supported GUI file transfer system using FTP is ridiculous.
    Using FTP does kind of suck, but I got 500MB of samples into BM2 in less than a couple of minutes so I'm not sure what's slowing you down.
    I've never been able to get the FTP transfer to work. My FTP clients cant connect to the iphone no matter what I do.
    Anyone got any ideas out there?

The IP address is fine, port number is fine, but I cant ping the iphone ip address either. Could something else be going on here ? BM1 connects fine.