drawing in a velocity ramp doesn't work

edited February 2011 in Support
Hello,

I made a quick snare rush, but when I selected all the notes and went to the draw tool, it just draws a horizontal line for all of the notes, even though I can draw from the lower left corner up to the upper right corner at an angle, it simply doesn't work.

Comments

• edited 4:48PM
    I just drew a volume and a pan automation on a track, it works fine...its the AUTO button, the last option...you have navigate,select,draw,fill, &auto

i started at the bottom of the grid on the left and ended on the top right...bammmmm ramp drawn...liustened and ramp heard
    Thanks for the reply, yes it works with volume automation, but does NOT with velocity.......
    Well Tweek I can personally tell you that it does. Not sure whtgoing on there.
    Oh the velocity not the volume
    My bad, I don't even know if it is something different on this app

But on most other apps it seems as though the volume and the velocity are the same thing.

But once again misunderstood what you was saying.
    Well they are lol. Velocity = Volume in terms of production so your on point mcguee.
    Uninstalled, and re-installed the app, now everything works just fine!
    Actually velocity can have something to do with volume, but it can also be tied to other parameters, such as envelopes, filters, tuning, etc. I haven't yet explored bm's capabilities concerning velocity modulation, but i can assure you that velocity modulation options in normal music production packages goes a lot further than just changing volume!
    If the keyboard or drum sampler in bm2 was a layered multisample then true velocity would according to how hard the pad was struck...pick the sample from the layers according to the programmer patch...in order to really use this you must be using a hardware device along with beat maker ....I don't really look for this to be implemented, as to most users it will not be used.
  • Any plans for CoreMidi?
    Any plans for CoreMidi?

Yup, it's at the top of Intua's list.
  • Any plans for CoreMidi?

Yup, it's at the top of Intua's list.
    Cool, because I got this Korg nanoPad that works for my other apps!!!
    I have a korg padkontrol and an axiom49 that would love to hang out and jam with bm2