low memory message

edited March 2011 in Support
Hi....

I've been getting low memory warnings with BM2 on my iPodT 4g resulting in the program crashing. The device has about 120 meg free when I start the app. Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• edited 5:05AM
    i got this on my IPhone 4....i think it's just because apps are still open in background.
    double press home button, then hold down one of icons along the bottom. a minus(-) appears beside each icon....now close them down, including BM2. start the app again and it should be fine!

maybe free up some more space on your device anyway..
    guys try to reboot your device, cause they said when you had install new apps you need to fully reboot your device, that happend to me once.
    I feel as if there needs to be an update here, though. Rebooting is a solution, except that I have to reboot my iPhone 4 every time I want to open Beatmaker, or else it either gets the "low memory" warning or runs rather choppy.

For the most top-of-the-line device spec-wise in Apple's lineup, it seems like it should run better. I fear that Beatmaker 2 just needs more memory than any of the current hardware supports. Hopefully an update with better memory management, or one that patches up a big memory leak, will be released soon.
    I use a Memory clearing app for iphone.
    I feel as if there needs to be an update here, though. Rebooting is a solution, except that I have to reboot my iPhone 4 every time I want to open Beatmaker, or else it either gets the "low memory" warning or runs rather choppy.

For the most top-of-the-line device spec-wise in Apple's lineup, it seems like it should run better. I fear that Beatmaker 2 just needs more memory than any of the current hardware supports. Hopefully an update with better memory management, or one that patches up a big memory leak, will be released soon.

I agree, the app needs some work. It certainly needs a bugfix update ASAP. I don't know how many developers Intua has so maybe they're working as fast as they can to get the first update out, but I also feel that they may have rushed the app out to get all of us to shut up, haha.

Memory management is definitely a big issue because the iPhone 4 has 512MB RAM, and the iPod touch 3G and 4G have 256MB, and the current iPad has 256MB also, but will no doubt be bumped up to 512MB when iPad 2 comes out. If BM2 can't run well on a device with 512MB RAM, there's a problem here. Intua needs to address this and I hope they will.

On the other hand, people need to remember that BM2 doesn't limit what you do with it, so people can't load a bunch of sample banks with 5MB WAVs on each pad, otherwise the memory problem is their own fault.
    I rarely have any of these issues that you are talking about. Ya i have had a few crashes but over all it's been solid.
  • jimjim
    edited 5:05AM
    me too!! I agree!!!

have been low memory message!! and program crashing so i don't play bm2

(my iphone is 3gs)

when I start the app nothing open in background. but bm2 is crashing.

i Hopefully an update with memory bugs
    I solved this particular issue by turning off MobileMe push notifications. Your're too busy playing music to read e-mail, anyway.....
    Free memory app
    Is there any official answer to this? I see this message so often in my ipad2, even while loading just a keyboard instrument.
    Hopefully Intua is close to releasing an update that will address the memory issue. I'm more interested in them pushing out a bugfix update than an update that concentrates on new features.
    I've had my iphone 4g for 2 weeks and ever since I installed BM2, it has given me the "low memory message Continue with Saving?" everytime I have started the app up. I usually select no and have had no problems, until...I loaded it up again and it stalled out. I hadn't had an app crash on me yet, so I figured out how to turn the phone off to stop the stuborn cycle it was in. After I turned it back on it has been working fine, this time without the memory warning.

I think the problem is one of these issues:
    Too much junk running behind the scenes (not intua's fault!)
    Improper memory reading (I canceled out of many messages with no loss of files and the app continuing to work as normal)

I have found the memory messages to be annoying, but they have yet to completely disable the app or even make it non-functioning. I agree with the other posts, watch your memory usage (the other apps running), occasionally shut off your phone to clear out some of that background junk, and keep disregarding that discouraging message!