artist kits

edited August 2011 in Support
hello, i am trying to figure out a way to get the artist kits in BM1 into BM2. i can transfer the actual .bmk but the sample files do not follow they are all missing. how do i grab the actual samples from the artist kits? is there any way to put all the artist kits in BM1 into BM2?

Comments

• edited 3:42PM
    The Bm1 sound bank is included in BM2.
    hmm i do have the beatmaker 1 soundbank but, no artist kits. in other words if you go into bm1 and load you have the following options my content, beatmaker soundbank and artist kits. in beatmaker 2 i have beatmaker 1 soundbanks but no artist kits. do you have a folder in bm2 that says artist kits?
  • edited February 2011
    My bad ,I thought you meant the BeatMaker 1 kits , I see no Artist kits in there , and if they are the only way to find them is
    Load Preset or Bring them over by Filezilla!!!
    nope mine are not. bm2 must not have installed correctly. if i click sound library folder i get 3 options demo, drum machine and keyboard sampler. if i go to drum machine i get beatmaker 1 soundbank and all the new genre folders. is this where your artist kits folder is? if i go into bm1 soundbank folder its all the subgroups. still no artist kits??
  • nope mine are not. bm2 must not have installed correctly. if i click sound library folder i get 3 options demo, drum machine and keyboard sampler. if i go to drum machine i get beatmaker 1 soundbank and all the new genre folders. is this where your artist kits folder is? if i go into bm1 soundbank folder its all the subgroups. still no artist kits??
    Bring the ones you like over FTP with Filezilla!!
  • hajhaj
    edited 3:42PM
    Topi may be old but... I also want to import BM1's artist kits into BM2.

But using FileZilla, I see only:

BeatPack Content,
    My Audio Recordings,
    My Exports,
    My Kits,
    My Projects

folders only. I can't seem to find Artist kits... BeatPack Content folder contains subfolders but they're not artist kits. Where are they or do I have to use other method?
  • hajhaj
    well, using BeatPack for BeatMaker 1.x is the same. And I found out bmk file only contains links to the audio file, so just exporting bmks wouldn't work...
    What's the best way to export - import Artist kits? (I hope I can somehow manage as kits rather than indivisial audio files yet I can't even access to audio files for now..)
    Hi,

Sorry but it is not possible to transfer the artists kit from BM1 to BM2. They are meant to be used only with BeatMaker 1.

Cheers,
    Colin
  • hajhaj
    so I'll have to export each sample and reasemble kits by hand, oh well..