Separate keyboard app or one integrated into beatmaker??

edited August 2008 in General
some people suggested that intua should develop a separate app to make melodies.

What do you prefer?
To have a virtual keyboard within beatmaker
or
to have a separate app that is a full fledged virtual keyboard?

i prefer to have everything inside beatmaker.

Comments

• edited 12:55AM
    I'd really like to be able to tune my samples within the sequences of Beatmaker. Making a separate app doesn't make much sense to me. What, would you then be able to import the melodies into Beatmaker? That seems kind of silly and I'm relatively positive that the iPhone hardware is capable of handling automated pitching within Beatmaker.
  • edited July 2008
    I have been pitching samples by saving parts as wave files assigning them to pads the same sample to multible pads and then bringing that new pad in to pitch parts.

I think I mentioned a different app for a soft synth. I use live and have noticed that once you start using too many effects and soft synths you start loseing responce time. I do not know the capabilities of the iphone but think that if you were to make a killer synth app you would want it to have a lot of features and controls record all of the performance in midi and adjust and be able to have polyphony and layering of multible synths (maybe modules and patching routing). I would think that in order to give multible types of synths the nessessary processing power to have real time contols and multible osolators you will be using a lot of processing power. Saving a wave of your Beatmaker file bringing it to a Synthcenter and synking the midi with a stmpe or just playing over it and then being able to adjust things piano roll style or sequencer style would be nice but I think if I were doing that at the same time as the phone was processing the data to play my Beatmaker track in real time it might be using too much processing power.

If you see the Korg Gameboy synth there is a much reduced complexity to the patching on the synth compared to the legasey colllection. Most of the knobs are there and you get two synths and a more modest drum sequencer.

I guess that it might be better to have a great sampler and a great synth app that work togeather than have to cut corners. If both could be done togeather that would be nice too.

Hell I would like to be able to record and do multitracking on the phone too as I do a fair amount of traveling and I can only bring a small amount of stuff. Presently I do it with a laptop or using a Kaoss mixer and three minidisk recorders. I have not found a small multitracker I like enough at this point.

I hope beatmaker can give a lot more functionality multible sample sets and some synthsis to the program but man I have been playing with the Sega sound beats and it sounds gamey.
    Yeah, an FL style "Piano Roll" and 1 more Pad Bank would be nice.
    An integrated keyboard is the one feature I would pick if I couldn't have anything else. The app kicks ass though.
    Oh i would love to see it so you can also make melodys and synths etc! Would make it a top class app
    I think an integrated keyboard would amazing! It would make the program so much more flexible. Plus an integrated synth would be absolute heaven. Even if it's sounds were limited and you could only use 1 instance at a time it would transform the beatmaker from a nifty little tool to a production machine
    I think an integrated keyboard would amazing! It would make the program so much more flexible. Plus an integrated synth would be absolute heaven. Even if it's sounds were limited and you could only use 1 instance at a time it would transform the beatmaker from a nifty little tool to a production machine
    Totally agree...
    BTW; There is not much point in integrated keyboard at this stage of BeatMaker development - no synthesis, only 1 bank with 16 samples limit and no sample scaling. BeatMaker MK II perhaps..?