.bmk2

edited March 2011 in Support
hello,

i have been using beatmaker 1 and Ive purchased beatmaker 2. It works perfectly but is there any way that i can transfer my old files to the new program? and is there any way to create a .bmk2 file like how i used beatpack for the old BM1?

ive looked in the FAQs and the user manual but i haven't found an answer

Comments

• edited 10:31PM
    i think the beatmaker1st files are not compatible with the BM2, and nope we still dont have the program to make a .bmk2 file, im waiting for it too, so i can make some new piano sounds.
  • edited March 2011
    Wrong. You can still use Beatpack to make your own .bmk file kits. Once loaded into BM2 through Filezilla they work fine. And all of the compiled Beatmaker 1 USER KITS load fine as well. Here is the link to them:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ibeatmaker.com/bmk/display.php">http://www.ibeatmaker.com/bmk/display.php</a><!-- m -->

Note: to make these work you have to change the .bmkz file to a .zip file; extract the folder containing the samples and .bmk file; and transfer the folder to your idevice.
  • ...And to save time, here is a way to batch change .bmkz files into .zip files using a text document; so you don't have to do it manually.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" m -->
  • edited 10:31PM
    oh my bad, btw can we use any .bmk for the piano sounds? that is my only problem now i want to have some new piano sounds...
  • You can make a new keyboard instrument using any sample, or group of samples. That configuration is saved as a .bmk file. If you look at the samples for the instrument 'Grand Piano Light' that comes with BM2, you'll see it is made up of only C and F# samples; the notes between are pitched up or down.

What would really be helpful is if Intua had a Beatpack-like program for setting up your own keyboard instruments. Right now you can only set it up in the keyboard section of BM2. Intua says a tutorial vid is planned for this.