Database maintenance

edited May 2011 in Support
Hey

My beatmaker program is running a database maintenance and it is taking forever. I've installed the new 2.0.1 update but it's been hanging on database update. Any hints or suggestions?

Comments

• edited 6:51PM
    Hi,

Database maintenance can take a long time if you have a lot of samples and project files in your my content directory.

Cheers,
    Colin
    What is a long time? i have to shut down my iphone everytime? should i just let it go? i do have a lot of samples, but 30min seem way to long to wait?
    If you have like 10-20 GB of new samples, depending of your device, it can indeed take that much time since each sample is parsed individually to retrieve sample info.
    You can also disable the database maintenance from the Setting application, by unchecking the "Update database" option.

Colin
    What does Database maintenance actually do?
    Hi,

BM2 keeps a database of all your projects, presets and sample files so you can easily find them from within the file browser ("Find" menu).
    Database maintenance is required when some files have been transferred via FTP and the application has quit without being able to analyze these files first.

Cheers,
    Colin