.wav ???

edited August 2011 in Support
Please forgive the novice question...

But, Does BM2 open or read .wav files??

I dumped a bunch of folders into BM2 last night and when I tried to open them it said empty folder. Do have to convert all my files to bmk2 files?

Comments

• edited 7:46AM
    quit BM2, go to the apple 'settings' app, find BM2's settings, 'update the database', relaunch BM2
    @zetagy

Thanks

Ok, so I tried that and it didn't work.

I even removed all of the samples , soft booted and it didn't work. I tried resetting the database and that didn't work either.

I just closed all of my open apps and soft booted my ipad.......

AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

Intua, I think we have a glitch. I'm transferring a folder that contains numerous folders over and each time I open a folder containing the .wav files it states "Empty Directory"
    How are you trying to read them? I don't think you can just 'open' a sample. Try going to the 'sample lab' section of BM2. or try 'loading' a sample into an instrument, a pad or keyboard zone. It'll probably show up in the file manager then.
    -
    I know what you mean, been there before. Try loading your waves into an instrument, they'll show up!
    Also be sure you are not trying to load sample files (wav files for example) as an instrument. Sample files will only show up when you are loading into the sampler it's self......

Here is what I said in another post, rather confusing but it what the above poster said does not help, maybe this will

"For keyboard... open a new keyboard. DO NOT load an instrument, close that screen out (top left "X"). Now open the keyboard, and then open the screens to adjust the sound (settings, top right). Ttap "create new zone". Then tap "load sample".... now you can load the sample, then adjust the zone....etc. Now you can add more zones and samples as needed.

For the Pads.... create a new instance of the beat pads. Do not load an instrument, close it out. Now open the pads....Tap on one of the pads, and on the right side of the screen tap the second screen option (icon looks like a little wave file). From this screen you can load a sample into that pad..... you can load different samples in each pad and then save the whole setup as an instrument....."
    ahhh yes !!!!

You'r right.

thanks
    He gonna be up allllll night now he got his wavs lol rock on!