Workflow for Combining BM2 with Reason

edited August 2012 in Support
I would like to start writing music with a friend who works exclusively in Reason 6. Does anyone have any workflow suggestions for going back and forth between the two programs? I have no idea how to tackle this?

Since I can’t import his midi files directly, is there a workable way of using a CoreMidi-compatable accessory to get my friends midi working in BM2? Really I’m looking for any suggestions on how to share projects between Reason and BM2. Is anyone else doing this; if so how?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 3:09PM
    get a computer, get reason 6.

You can export songs in bm2 to midi then transfer them to a computer using an FTP(filezilla is preferable) then you can open that midi file within reason and then copy paste whatever tracks from the midi into whatever lane you want in a seperate reason project.

But really at that point what does BM add to this whole process? Think of BM as a really well made, but condensed DAW and as much as I love it the easiest thing to do is use the same program as your friend. Like you don't even need reason 6 if your friend already has it. Why? all that's happened is that Record has been integrated into Reason. Basically if your friend has Reason 6 whichever one of you is doing vocal work of any kind will use Reason 6. And you will just get Reason 5 which is basically the same thing.
  • edited 3:09PM
    I was searching for this topic..

Basically how about the opposite..

Scenario: so i make a nice beat on beatmaker2. i drop box a wave file of if to a friend, she sings some nice vocals and writes a good song to the track i made.. now comes the task of taking the track i made in beatmaker2 and bringing it into reason 6 to take the track to the next level..

how do i do this "Correctly"??.. what are the proper steps?. how do i import the midi and set it up to use the same samples as the drum machine i used in beatmaker?. i have been very busy lately and all i do is have time to work on my tracks on the train ride to work. I want to be able to go home and move my tracks from beatmaker to reason 6 using a decent workflow.

i do appreciate any suggestions and or if any one has done this already. if beat making on this ipad is going to be the future scratchpad or even a one stop mobile studio we should be talking about the next step and thats bringing all this hard work from the ipad over to the mac or pc and into our favorite apps like Reason6, Reaper, pro tool, nuendo etc. If i can get some good feed back i will probably get down and make a youtube video tutorial on this topic because i cant find any out there so far..

i currently use beatmaker as my center point and i pull all my samples i play from a nice palette of different ipad apps like sunrizer, animoog, musicstudio 2.0, sunvox, alchemy, nlogsynth, nanostudio and so on. i shock alot of people with what i am doing with the ipad and music making. but i do need help with migrating my tracks to my mac and opening them up in reason 6.. i really do appreciate any input i can get.. thank you all.