The absolute measure of pro apps

edited November 2011 in General
Innovative features are cool, new ways of doing something that until now couldnt be done in pre existing hardware or software. Such as scales, transforming playable surfaces, odd time sigs, new kinds of synthesis, etc...the list is huge and we probably wont see all of these incorporated in all apps.

All the above is what we are witnessing in this new way of communicating our arts to the mobile device.

Intuitive use...how much does one have to read to just "get it".

Feel, can the user feel something from your gui? And can one personalize this experience to some degree. To some users this is important obviously, as droid wouldnt have any relevance without this in my opinion.

Most importantly above all things in my book when dealing with pro apps for creation...
How does my portable pro device communicate to the outside world or internally? How easyis it to get the ideas from one place to another? The more steps you have to undergo at this level kicks your app to the bottom of the pile. I/o is simply the most important issue any user will face when using your app. It doesnt matter how wonderful your technology is if I cant actually use it without headaches. Formats and destination sources become the absolute to any creative app!!

All app devs should weigh this with great responsibility as it is the life blood of artistic creativity!

Have a great holiday!
Thanks again for a good solid app in the day to day of my creative process. I believe eventually beatmaker2 will be able to correctly conform to all the above criteria and it should. That, to my mind, is the true winner of my attention in the process of my writing music.

-Gee$ aka Mr SmileZ
Underworld KeeperZ