simple midi configuration

edited July 2012 in Support
I have read the manual and can't seem to get this right

I have midi OUT and IN connected to a keyboard. I am using the bm only for sequencing and want it to use the sounds off the keyboard.

I have the IN and OUT turned on in the bm midi setup menu, midi THROUGH is off.

Midi IN and OUT on the empty instrument track are set to 1

When I play a note on the keyboard it goes into bm then back out the midi out duplicating the note. I can turn off the local control option on the keyboard, but this doesn't seem right, and won't get rid of the problem during recording

I am using an oi dock.

I feel like I have tried every possible setting on the keyboard's midi setup still keeps happening.

Comments

• edited 9:17AM
    Could you please clarify a little. What exactly is the problem you are trying to solve?
    I think turning off the local control is the answer.
    Well I'm not sure what exactly your problem is but if you would like to use your keyboard both as a controller and a sound module, usually you have to turn off local control.
    I've got the same problem. As soon as i play back midi notes from bm's sequencer to send it via midi to my hardware notes get duplicated. I also tried all configs that i could think of without success. I'd really love to sequence my old machines with bm, but like this it is not of use in that specific combination. Software only is fine. Coming from the mpc i have to say i didn'r miss a thing..
    Question is : is anybody using bm just as sequencer for hardware samplers, synths etc. without having that problem?
    Cheers