Notes sound doubled up

edited July 2012 in Support
I am using the bm as a sequencer only using a korg m3 as a controller/sound module. simple midi in/out.

The note played by the bm (not in recording just in playback) sound doubled up. this is most noticeable on drum sounds.

I have tried every possible midi setup nothing seems to fix it. I am not sure at this point if it is a even a midi loop. It happens even if i manually draw the notes in.

It does not happen on genome sequencer.

Just wondering if anyone else is using a similar setup is having problems.

Comments

• edited 3:28PM
    Is MIDI THRU on? You're sure it's not a MIDI loop...?
    midi thru is off

I am not sure it is not a loop but i have gone though every possible midi setting on both the bm and the korg read both manuals and cant get rid of it.
    Hi,

Is your Korg M3 playing double sounds or is it BM2 ?
    Also did you make sure your M3 is not sending MIDI notes back to BM2 ?

Cheers,
    Colin
    I am having the exact same problem. I wanted to use BM to trigger my hardware sampler via irig midi. I also tried different midi settings on both sides without success. While playing midi notes no doubling so far. But as soon as i record a pattern it gets doubled during playback, although in the piano roll editor there are no doubled notes. I recorded the midi from BM with my Ensoniq EPS16+ Keyboard and it recorded those doubled midi notes. That means the effect comes from my iphone/Beatmaker 2. I also wired it to an Akai S900, same thing. Maybe there is some sort of mido feedback going on inside BM. I disabled all midi ins, that didn't help neither. Any ideas on this?
    this happened to me alot with external hw.

did you try setting midi latency to 0.

that fixes it for me. however that introduces cutting off of notes with some synths.(sunrizer for instance)

please intua look into this.
    That is probably the only thing i didn't try...yet. That solves the problem so far. Thanks for the hint!!
    If after you have entered the notes...they sound doubled it is the hardware.
    Its either looping the midi etc.

What leads me to believe this fully is...i have used midi gear forever since 1989, and this is a symptom of a midi setting being off...also if it is doing this with drawn notes that is a dead give away!
    If after you have entered the notes...they sound doubled it is the hardware.
    Its either looping the midi etc.

What leads me to believe this fully is...i have used midi gear forever since 1989, and this is a symptom of a midi setting being off...also if it is doing this with drawn notes that is a dead give away!

absolutely wrong. there is an issue with midi latency setting which introduces the doubling up.
    setting it to 0 solves it but produces other problems as cutting of notes.