Looping Waveform Samples -> Buzzing and popping

edited February 2012 in Support
Just picked up BM2 on the sale, and I'm really liking the interface. I thought I might load up some of the adventurekid waveform samples to give me some good general synths and basses. They load up and loop just fine all over the keyboard, but doing so causes a great deal of buzzing and popping (as compared to other iOS samplers/synths), and seem to break up when playing chords/adding polyphony.

Any advice on smoothing out the looped samples? This would really put BM2 over the top for me, and would eliminate the arduous task of sampling and zoning many different synth sounds.

Keep up the great work, and thanks for the discount! This is a fantastic improvment over BM1. I really like the availability of a multi-sampled instrument, and the interface for loading/zoning is quite nice.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi utilityname,

You might heard pop/clicks because of the loop points. You might want to verify if they are correctly set and properly looping. I will have a look myself to be sure it's not a bug, could you provide me with a link to one of these samples ?

You can also try to cross-fade them to smooth the looping, using the wave editor.

Thanks,
    Mathieu.
  • edited 9:47PM
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/AKWF_0001.zip">http://www.adventurekid.se/AKRTfiles/AKWF/AKWF_0001.zip</a><!-- m -->

Just try any of them. I tried the first and second in the pack.

Thanks for your response.
  • Hi utilityname,

I am currently performing some tests with the Alex Kid waveform samples.
    As you reported, some notes will trigger a buzzing sound/clicks, which seems to occur randomly. The two first samples are looping correctly over the 0-127 key range, as I double-checked with EXS24 in Logic Pro 9. However, while trying other samples from this pack, I was able to reproduce the bug. It seems to affect very short samples only.

We might bring a minor update to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting it,
    Best Regards,
    Mathieu
    Thanks, Mathieu. I really appreciate your responsiveness. I know it's just a small thing, but in my opinion it would really add great functionality to BM2, at least for me.

Looking forward to using BM2!
  • Hi utilityname,

Bug is fixed! Thanks for reporting it and follow this thread for the update status.
    Thanks again !

Mathieu
    yes...i have encounter this as well, I only just coved it up with another sound.
    but a fix will be great! -thx