BM2 samples > Sequencer workflow vs. GarageBand iPad

edited February 2012 in Support
Hi, I just installed BM2 and am very excited to get up to speed quickly. I've read the manual and watched the tutorials but am still having challenges getting around the BM2 UI.

Previous extensive experience in GarageBand on iPad. In GB the workflow is to drop samples in the sequencer then edit start/end points - this is very straightforward and works really well.

BM2 offers more control over pitch/time shifting plus managing multiple samples, which is why I'm interested in the program, but need some help! Here's my question:

I've chopped up samples and loaded them onto the Drum Machine. As next steps I want to lay down a background sample beat then add separate sample tracks on top (probably 3-4 additional tracks).

What is the best way to get my background sample (which will loop) plus individual samples (which will be played back as is or pitch shifted) into the Sequencer?

Is the only way to do this to record the background sample from Drum Machine into Sequencer? Or can I add/paste directly into Sequencer from Wave Editor or my file folders?

Thank you.

Comments

• edited 10:53PM
    Hello aMixer,

Currently you can't drag'n'drop background samples into the sequencer.
    However, you can achieve this by creating a keyboard sampler and using the mapping editor to load your samples. I suggest you take a look at the user's manual which is available here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.intua.net/media/intua/downloads/BeatMaker2_UserManual.pdf">http://www.intua.net/media/intua/downlo ... Manual.pdf</a><!-- m -->

If you need more help, feel free to ask here !
    Best Regards,

Mathieu.
    What you are attempting to do is achieved the exact same way as GB except for the visual aspect. What I am saying is you want to stack a couple of loops on top of each other and push play and call it a day. You must load said loops onto the BeatMaker pads then go to the Sequencer and select a track , highlight the track , press on track view or as some would call it Piano Roll. Hit the first note and repeat for all loops until you have a couple of stacked loops and gaze and listen in awe of your new creation.

Now if you want to use BeatMaker the way it was meant to be used you have to look at it Diffrently than GB. BeatMaker is more like an MPC except better. Start by looking at Tutorials of it and on how people use the MPC, MV-8800, or any other sampler with a sequencer.

I hope this will help you and others with coming from Loop players over to Sampler/Sequencers.
    Besides, GB, is in MY OPiNiOn simply not updated enough, and just aweful...no edit of notes... Yes the handful of instruments on it sound good... But the editing is just not there at all, the sampling is a joke, 8 tracks shared between instruments and audio rec is blahhhh..

Apple has made one of the top 50 worst audio apps in my opinion...
    Even music studio is reigning over garageband

And i really dont like musicstudio