Virtual Midi In

edited April 2012 in Support
Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting BM2's 'Midi In' capabilities working over virtual midi with any of these other apps:

Sunrizer
Animoog
Arctic Keys
Soundprism
Geosynth

Animoog I think has fairly limited MIDI capabilities at present, so it is not that much of a surprise. It doesn't even appear in the 'Inputs' column of the MIDI set up menu.

Neither, however, does soundprism, which is a bit more a surprise because I can get it to work with most other virtual midi apps. Same with Geo-synth, I can get it to work with pretty much all my other stuff but BM2 won't find it.

I can get both 'Sunrizer MIDI OUT' and 'Arctic Keys' to appear in the input menu, but I can't get either to control the keys on BM2's keyboard sampler. I have checked that arctic keys' MIDI out channel corresponds to the keyboard samples MIDI In channel too.

Midi out from beatmaker works pretty well but what I want to do is be able to compose a melody on soundprism, geosynth etc. and have it record the midi notes I play in beatmaker. This seems like it should be possible and I can't work out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Comments

• edited 8:21PM
    Hi Nick,

I was able to send MIDI notes from MoDrum to BeatMaker 2. However, as you mentioned, Sunrizer and Arctic Keys will not work. I've look into the issue and fixed it, some MIDI packets were ignored as you reported.

The fix will come with our next 2.3 udpate.
    Stay tuned !

Thank you,
    Mathieu.
    Thanks very much.

I eagerly await 2.3..
    Hi Nick:

I was able to resolve Midi control issues via the MidiBridge app.
    See the following post for possible pertinent info:

Beatmaker controls Nanostudio thru StepPolyArp
    Sun Apr 22, 2012