Tascam IU2

edited May 2012 in Support
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has tried this. I just got one, and whenever I put beatmaker in the background the audio output of the iu2 begins to click, glitch, pop, ect. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this, and if this apply's to the alesis io dock as well. Trying to determine if the issue is in ios when using an external device via 30 pin. Or if the iu2 is just a POS. thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Chad

Comments

• edited 2:37AM
    Update. I also tried this using animoog and sunrizer. Both glitched as well. I had my friend try Animoog with his Alesis io dock and ipad1, and it did the same thing that my iu2 does. When he put Animoog in the background it began to glitch. Sounds like buffering errors. So it appears there may be an issue with background audio and the 30 pin connector using external devices. I wish I could speak to some developers about this experience. I can't believe I am the only one who is trying to make this work.
    I am watching this product very closely....
    And...
    This is important to us all why? Are you a noted audio software/hardware reviewer...? Does anyone care he/she is watchin it closely? What exactly are you watching? Why am I becoming more and more unimpressed with this person? Who bought the app 2 months ago, and believes somehow we give a damn what they think about anything? Did I miss something?

Because all I have seen from this person is a bunch of request for his/her own needed features, whilst trying to convince intua that the requests of others are not necessary at all, and that beatmaker2 is fast and perfect...which i bet, intua, knows is false... Hence them stating in future updates...the need to have a zip file feature added. Transferring 20+ files to dropbox one by one is not fast at all...doable, well...in theory, in reality, no...bm2 locks up and the whole ipad needs restarted...after about two of these occurances it becomes obvious this isnt going to be a desirable way to collaborate. Yet, you believe this is flawless execution..how so is it flawless? I sit waiting to hear this nonsense, because intua even knows this is an issue.
    Um ah,

You hijacked my thread for no benefit. I am trying to get some real answers that might help others. So wassup intua? I bought you app. You could at least hit me up, and see if you could help.

All the best!
    Chad Miller
    This may be one of those hardware items that was compromised by the last apple update.
    How does it sound/operate while not crackling etc?
    It sounds good, and seems to perform ok. I recorded a 20 minute session with twisted wave, and sounded great.