Re sampling tricks.....

edited August 2012 in Support
I have a iPod touch 8gb 4g. I'm curious to how many apps or which interfaces allow resampling. Not in the software but in the way you feed your outputs physically.
I've been able to say for instance on irig. Put the iPod on mono out in settings. You will need a splitter one side should be female and the other two sides male 8th inch. On one end put a 4th inch adapter and plug it into the input of irig the other eighth inch should go into the output of the irig. Now plug In your head phones or speakers in the female end of the splitter.
You now are feeding the irig it's own output. So you can make a for instance 4 bar drum loop in beatmaker 2 and play it. Exit with the home button so the loop keeps playing. Start up multitrack daw. Notice how beatmaker keeps playing in the background but remember the irig is still feeding itself it's own output. You can record right into mutitrack daw with this trick. But I would be interested to see this done with a higher quality interface like the guitarjack 2 Which supports stereo recording. Or any other interface for iPad maybe.
Any body else got any useful work arounds or tricks until we get our hands on the update?

Comments

• edited 3:22PM
    Nice workaround for the iPhone!
    For the iPad I use the akai EIE, 4 in 4 out
    Everything routes into my dj mixer, then I have a seperate feed from that that goes into channels 3&4 of the EIE, and back into BM2 for resampling.. It's nice because I don't have to worry about a feedback loop, and I can apply any EQ/fx from the mixer to the new sample!
    This works for so many apps. Any that run in the background really.
    Right-
    I guess this method is a bit different... It's going to be great once we can access more than a stereo pair out of ios!
    I have an Alesis io dock. After reading this post I connected a splitter cable from the iPad headphone jack to the io dock stereo inputs and was able to resample back into BM2. Now I'm able to record sounds from music studio, GarageBand, ims20, and really any app that doesn't support virtual midi in the background.
    This works for so many apps. Any that run in the background really.
    Here's a tip that some might be unaware of:

If you play a YouTube video using the YouTube app or Safari and exit the app, the playback stops. However, if you double click the home button to bring up the multitasking tray and swipe to the left, you can press play and the video will continue playing.

This might be useful in some cases.
    Hey
    I just bought an akai eie. Any users out there know why I just hear the left side of the input on channel 1/3 and the right side of the input on ch 2/4? Are these linked stereo inputs? I'm just trying to run a guitar or bass (mono) input, and it's a bitch just hearing one side.
    I don't think this is an akai issue. Yes? No? Maybe?
    Thanks everyone!
    Hey
    I just bought an akai eie. Any users out there know why I just hear the left side of the input on channel 1/3 and the right side of the input on ch 2/4? Are these linked stereo inputs? I'm just trying to run a guitar or bass (mono) input, and it's a bitch just hearing one side.
    I don't think this is an akai issue. Yes? No? Maybe?
    Thanks everyone!

I replied to your PM...
    The akai does pan the inputs for monitoring purposes, but I've always used it with a dj mixer for monitoring, so it's never been a problem. It kinda reminds me of the old four track days LOL
    Hi all,

I wanted to see if I'm doing this wrong...

I've got a tascam iu2. I've got a stereo splitter coming out of the headphone jack, one of the signals is going to my headphones, the other straight back into the left and right inputs of my tascam iu2. The thing is when I try and monitor the signal (the unit has onboard monitoring) i get nothing, then I crank up the input level and all I get is feedback... Any Ideas?

Cheers,
    Dan
    Dan,

Is the monitor option in BM2 on or off? If your audio interface has monitoring you don't need to enable the monitoring option in BM2.

Also, is the signal coming from the audio unit headphone jack or the iPad headphone jack? I use an alesis io dock and I have the splitter going from the headphone jack of the iPad to the inputs of the io dock and I use the io dock headphone jack to monitor the signal.