Quick video of my beatmaker 2 setup

edited July 2012 in General
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" ... ata_player</a><!-- m -->

Comments

• edited 11:02AM
    Cool video, you've got some really nice gear.

I don't use anything but my iPad, iPhone, CCK and Behringer UCA202. I bought the UCA202 so I could sample videos playing on my iPhone with BM2 on my iPad.

I've thought about getting a MIDI controller, like the MPD32, but most of them just aren't portable enough (most require too much power and can't run off the iPad + CCK alone). I like to throw my iPad, CCK and UCA202 into my bag and go out and find a quiet spot somewhere to work on tracks. Empty parking lots at 2:00AM are great for this...

I've considered getting the Akai LPD8, though, since it's really small and light. I've heard the pads aren't that great, but I'll probably pick one up if I can buy it at a low price.

Apps I use:
    • BeatMaker 2
    • Animoog
    • Grain Science
    • Hokusai
    • Multitrack DAW
    I also have the korg nanopad, which runs great with no extra power.
    You have to program it from a pc at first, but it works great after that
    I thought i seen a virus!
    I want an access virus ti eventually...

Nice set up!
    Nice akai controller comment lol! You nailed it!
    Thanks!
    Now I know why akai hasn't pushed this vid on their fb page... I forgot about the synthstation comment... I love akai gear, but that is a failed product for nearly every app (although my friend plugged his 3G iPhone into it running nano and it ran great). Glad I got it dirt cheap!

I just wanted people to know that the EIE is a great interface for bm2, and to an extent auria