Using Irig To Sample

edited August 2012 in Support
Hello All,

I recently purchased an Irig guitar adapter in hopes of using it to sample directly into Beatmaker 2. To my surprise, when using the Irig to sample I get a flat signal. At first I thought I didn't have my mixer eq'd but, that wasn't the case. Is there an internal setting in Beatmaker 2 that I should refer to ? I downloaded the free Amp app that's made for the Irig and, I get a perfectly eq'd signal from there. Does the Irig not work with Beatmaker 2 the way I'm trying to use it ? If so, What's recommend to use with Beatmaker 2 for sampling purposes ?

Thanks in advance !

Comments

• edited 11:49AM
    What are you sampling from?
    Turntable & mixer .
    Irig only samples in mono. I usually use hokusai to sample it seems like it records better. But in beatmaker2 I've use the irig to sample directly from a turntable. I just record everything in at a lower volume so I have space to mess with the sample later and normalize it in the sample editor.
    Thanks ! I'll give Hokusai a try.
    You can do some pretty cool things with irig look at some of my other post for resaming with it. I got some decent samples using filtatron by moog with irig too.