Dropbox Crash

edited August 2012 in Support
After uploading a sample from BM2 to Dropbox, BM2 crashes when I attempt to upload another sample or change the Dropbox target folder.

Comments

• edited 10:13AM
    Does it happen consistently? Sometimes trying again will work.
    This is not BM2 specific, as Auria has problems with Dropbox occasionally too.
    The only way to avoid a crash is to change to another folder, then go back. For example, if there are two folders named “synth” and “bass” within a folder named “samples” and I add a file to the folder “synth”, BM2 then navigates back to “samples” and highlights the folder “synth” (for whatever reason). Tapping on either the highlighted folder “synth” or the “back” button results in a crash. However, if I change to the folder “bass” and then tap the “back” button, there will be no crash. This is strange.
    By the way, this happens consistently. I have not had any issues with Dropbox in other apps.
    Hello rerhart,

Thank you for reporting this bug. In order to help you and fix the problem, would you be able to tell me the name of the directory, and the name of the file you are trying to upload ?
    This might be related to some "unusual" characters in either the filename or directory name.

In the meantime, you can try to delete the problematic directory and start again.

Sorry for the inconvenience !
    Mathieu.
    This happens with any directory or file. An example: folder name = fields_samples; file name: fields_A1.wav
    This happens with any directory or file. An example: folder name = fields_samples; file name: fields_A1.wav

Very strange indeed. Would you be able to give me the listing of your root Dropbox directory ?

Mathieu.
    Also, what version of BeatMaker 2 are you running ? The latest version is 2.3