Using Samplers

edited September 2012 in Support
Has anyone figured out how to use Beatmaker as a sequencer with a midi input coming from a separate sampler on a computer. I'm thinking about Steinberg HALion or NI Kontakt 5 or Komplete 8.

Has anyone managed to get a sampler working on a different device to work with BM? I'd love to keep using BM as my sequencer as its way easier to use than Cubase, and want to avoid buying a full on dedciated DAW if I can avoid it.

I'd love to hear any suggestions or evidence that someone out there has got something to work.

Comments

• edited 12:43AM
    I got a Midi connection between BM2 and Kontakt5 working. The Kontakt samples can now be played and sequenced through BM2. The only issue now I have is that when I export the track as a WAV there is no sound. I'm thinking I may have another Midi issue going on.

Any ideas out there?
    Why doesnt BM2 have a midi IN ???
    Yeah it does (picture worth 1000 words) look here at 50 seconds and 2 minutes <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" m -->
    Thanks to iOSmusician5

I guess you know midi is like messages/data, not sound (wav), it seems you have midi in one area and sound in another so they need to be combined to make sound...If you export one without the other you get no sound.

hope this helps ... I don't have a computer program running with BM2.
    Thanks Leenardi. Stil having issues. Ive reposted this under an Alesis IO Dock post with a better explanation of the problem. I seem to be fine with any midi outs. Just cant get any midi in to work at all.