Midi MPC 2000/XL?

edited September 2012 in Support
What's going on BM2 musicians? I'm new to the forum and was wondering what are some of your experiences with using an MPC 2k/XL as a midi controller for BM2? I miss using MPC 2k pads but I love BM2!

Sorry if this has already been posted, I looked for it but didn't find anything.

Thanks
Justaman Beatz

Comments

• edited 2:19PM
    Hey Beatz,I just tried this with an MPC2500 (JJOS-XL) and IrigMidi.. MPC Main screen select output Midi to 1A, plugged IrigMidi into Ipad.
    After playing with it a while I realised Notes on MPC are beyond range set in BM2 16pads Bank A .
    IN MPC , I changed the "Pad To MIDI NOTEs out" to match pad NOTES on Beatmaker2.(note in JJOS this field is on main page)
    ie..MPC Pad 1 was 36th note,Pad 2 was 37th note, etc >
    MPC Pad 1 changed to 0 note, MPC Pad 2 is changed to 1st note, etc etc.

EASY way to test your MPC....Load drums into BANK C (not A) of BM2 and press some pads...you should get some sounds from pad C5 the 36th note (not pad C1) and onwards of BANK C.

You know this is good because I just realised it recorded velocity as well...16 levels works too...So I guess make up a .Pgm for drums when using Beatmaker2 with MPC2500...Not really portable though...but interesting...Hmm how many other things can the MPC control ????