sync to beat clock

edited October 2012 in Support
I'm trying to find a way to sync iOS apps to a beat clock coming from Pro Tools. Is this possible? Seems so in the manual. I'd like to sync BeatMaker2 and then use Wist to slave others to it, all working with a ProTools session. has anyone done this successfully? Is there a walk through anywhere? I've gone through all the setups to no avail. It seems like it should be working but is not. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 8:11PM
    it works, timing is all over the place. Will send some instructions when I get to document it, timing was terrible......
    I haven't gotten around to trying this yet (it's on the list), but its helpful to remember that beat clock is by nature somewhat wobbly. MTC is better, but still not perfect. Add this to the fact that WIST only starts the timeline, it doesn't truly sync, and you've for the makings of a nightmare!
    It can work, as long as whatever you are syncing is short, non rhythmic samples. Don't have any audio tracks anywhere but PT!
    Hi,

I have to disgree with Beat Clock being wobbly....

I was sending a sample accurate midi beat clock from PT to Beatmaker via iRig Midi .. This means ether iRig Midi is sloppy or Beatmaker is not able to keep steady timing

using a MPC4000 slaved to PT i can get click tracks from both to line up perfectly.

Innerclocksystems.com Plugin and Interface outputs a sample accurate midi clock, use it to drive the mpc4000 as slave.
    Was anyone able to sync ipad to any DAW and get a tight sync?
    Just for the record, there is no such thing as sample accurate midi sync of any kind...
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://innerclocksystems.com/New ICS Sync-Gen II LE.html&quot;&gt;http://innerclocksystems.com/New ICS% ... %20LE.html</a><!-- m -->

There IS such a thing, a device is required for it, it will cost you 650 US for the device.

Sample accurate as its driven by an audio signal generated by a DAW plugin, the box converts audio to a midi clock. I own one and measured the output, yes you can record the clock signal and measure it, its flawless.

Back to the original question...
    http://innerclocksystems.com/New ICS Sync-Gen II LE.html

There IS such a thing, a device is required for it, it will cost you 650 US for the device.

Sample accurate as its driven by an audio signal generated by a DAW plugin, the box converts audio to a midi clock. I own one and measured the output, yes you can record the clock signal and measure it, its flawless.

Back to the original question...

Very cool! I was referring to simply syncing with a midi cable. I didn't know such a device existed. Thanks for the link.
    Last time i tested this i had the same sloppy sync but that was before the last patch.
    I also have the irig Midi/Ipad 2 non os6 but i get a pretty good result when using the Genome Sequencer.
    Just for info.