Can i use an mpd32 or padkontrol with BM2?

edited November 2012 in Support
Just brought an ipad and was wondering as I come from a mpc background if I can hook up an external mpd/padkontrol to play my samples?

if so can someone explain how, as i have an ipad 4 and maybe different because of the connector.

Comments

• edited 10:16AM
    I have an PK, and you need to use a camera connection kit and a powered usb hub. There are some videos out there on this. My Nanopad2 works well without the powered usb hub, using only the camera connection kit. Don't know about getting a cck for the lightning connector, I got mine on ebay for 4 bucks for the now obsolete Ipad 3.

Hiphopblues
    I have both of those and they work great... Like they said, cck.. For the iPad 4 you'd need the lightning adapter, which has been confirmed by the Auria guys to work fine.
    Can I ask can someone tell me I would need an lightning adaptor, then can I buy an unoffical cck kit and then say a nanopad or padkontrol and that be ok?
    Perfectly good here with cck and padKontrol, but thinking about the MPD32 for more knob controls, faders, etc.

BM 2's midi implementation is pretty good. I'm finding that I really need to read the stickies here and manual to get the most out of it along with some good YouTube vids. Way more features than I can just stumble upon.
    Mpd32 highly recommended for BM2 over here...
    Transport buttons work perfectly, and you can control any number of drum machines with the pads if you assign everything on the mpd32.
    Midi implementation is very good with bm2, but still waiting for mute/solo in the mixer to be midi assignable..
    thinking about the MPD32 for more knob controls, faders, etc.
    Midi implementation is very good with bm2
    Sorry, but I absolutely can't agree with this comments. I'm working since 15 years with MIDI instruments, so I'm 99,9% sure that my experiences are based on a (heavy) bug.

Do you guys work with loop mode enabled? Did you try to send CCs?
    I experienced that ALL CC's (which has been controlled externally) are always reset when the loop re-starts. That makes an external control more than useless.

Did you experienced other behaviours (when loop mode is enabled)?
    Mpd32 highly recommended for BM2 over here...
    Transport buttons work perfectly, and you can control any number of drum machines with the pads if you assign everything on the mpd32.
    Midi implementation is very good with bm2, but still waiting for mute/solo in the mixer to be midi assignable..

Anychance of a guide how to set it up?.
    thinking about the MPD32 for more knob controls, faders, etc.
    Midi implementation is very good with bm2
    Sorry, but I absolutely can't agree with this comments. I'm working since 15 years with MIDI instruments, so I'm 99,9% sure that my experiences are based on a (heavy) bug.

Do you guys work with loop mode enabled? Did you try to send CCs?
    I experienced that ALL CC's (which has been controlled externally) are always reset when the loop re-starts. That makes an external control more than useless.

Did you experienced other behaviours (when loop mode is enabled)?

Haven't experienced anything like that with pad looping, but I don't use sequence looping, so cannot comment. I'll try to test and et back to you. I have no issues with the way I use the controller and my workflow.
    Thanks, that would be nice. It's a very basic workflow for me to start with a sequenced loop, and then build up a song from it. So, external control is not working for this workflow.

Did you tried to control BM2's "on/off" buttons? This is also not really working here, doesn't matter if loop mode is enabled or disabled.

It would be also nice to get a reply from Intua.
    Can someone link me up to a tutorial how to set a mpd/padkontrol up?.

I really like to see how to get it working please.