elemental - LoadedWithBasses (electronic)

edited December 2008 in BeatMakers Showcase
I guess I have the record for most songs posted to this board. Actually I am really surprised at how little activity there is - only 33 songs posted after more than a month, and very little back and forth. If there is some other web forum for sharing and discussing electronic music, someone let me know. Anyway, this whole piece is made from a single sample - the acoustic bass in BeatMaker's Jazz and Trip Hop kit, which I love the sound of. I loaded it onto ten pads, shifted the pitches to get the notes I wanted, and then built the whole thing from that in a couple of hours. I like how it turned out, especially the main loops - it is very 'plucky' and perhaps influenced a bit by Jason77's "Under the Tree" and mb's "PluckIt". Enjoy....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" m -->

Comments

• Mb.Mb.
    edited 1:10AM
    This track sounds really good, seems to have a world music (african) vibe. I agree there seems to be a lack of tracks posted, maybe a future version of beatmaker will have a direct upload to this site which would take away some of the hastle of transferring a track to the desktop and then finding a place to host it.
  • edited 1:10AM
    Or better yet, ability to export directly to MP3 and then port directly to your email! Similar to how photos and web links can already be easily attached to emails with iPhone.

I wasn't thinking African, but I guess it does sound like a bass Kalimba a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Are you going to post anything else?
  • Mb.Mb.
    edited 1:10AM
    Yes, I've been working on some new kits and tracks that hopefully will be ready soon.
  • edited 1:10AM
    Reposted to SoundCloud