Exporting question.

edited November 2012 in Support
Can I take a drum sequence I make, and export individual drums to its own track. I've tried using the 'Export to Audio File>Separate Tracks', but it just gives me one audio file not a separate on for bass, snare, hi hat, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited 11:37PM
    That sounds like an awesome feature for Intua to implement in the future. For now all you can do is export tracks individually. What I find myself doing is creating a separate track for each drum kit sound under the same instrument. Just copy and paste your MIDI track multiple times to different tracks and delete until you get the parts you want in isolation per track. It's a bit of work, but the results are worth it if you wish to mix and master on your laptop, desktop, or iOS DAWs like Auria.
    Thank you for such a quick response. I'll take your advice.
    Yup, this is what I do as well. Until we get an "export per pad" option, or better yet the classic Daw function "split by note" so the sequence expands with one note per sequence.
    That sounds like an awesome feature for Intua to implement in the future. For now all you can do is export tracks individually. What I find myself doing is creating a separate track for each drum kit sound under the same instrument. Just copy and paste your MIDI track multiple times to different tracks and delete until you get the parts you want in isolation per track. It's a bit of work, but the results are worth it if you wish to mix and master on your laptop, desktop, or iOS DAWs like Auria.

I must be doing something wrong, when I create multiple instances within the same instrument and try to delete say, all but the kick drum, it deletes it from the other instances. So I end up with 5 instances with just the kick drum...

If you have time could you walk me through what you mean, I'd really appreciate it...

I must be doing something wrong, when I create multiple instances within the same instrument and try to delete say, all but the kick drum, it deletes it from the other instances. So I end up with 5 instances with just the kick drum...

If you have time could you walk me through what you mean, I'd really appreciate it...

I think I know exactly what you're doing. Instead of duplicating the tracks click the section you want copied. When it's highlighted yellow click on the box with a + symbol instead of the icon with an arrow pointing to the lower right. When you duplicate blocks a change in one of the duplicated blocks affects all the duplicates. When you copy using the + icon all the blocks can be altered independently! Hope that helps
    Thank you so much for the amazingly quick response...I'll give that a try...

Ultimately what i'm trying to do it export the separate tracks in to Auria, and resample them with Drumagog, but so far I've had no luck, your advice i think will do it though...

Thanks again...
    Fusion- just export your tracks, dump them to Dropbox, and import from Dropbox with Auria.
    Or if you don't have Dropbox, export your tracks (be sure to remember where they are), FTP to a CPU, then import to Auria via iTunes file sharing.
    Thank you so much for the amazingly quick response...I'll give that a try...

Ultimately what i'm trying to do it export the separate tracks in to Auria, and resample them with Drumagog, but so far I've had no luck, your advice i think will do it though...

Thanks again...

No problem! I hope I can be of help in what you're attempting to achieve.