MIDI Problem with AKAI MPD26

edited November 2012 in Support
Hi guys,

I'm contacting you in order to fix a problem i ran into using the Akai MPD 26 as a MIDI controler for the Beatmaker 2 App.

The MPD 26 is hooked up to my iPad 3 via an Alesis IO Dock which supports Core MIDI.
So far it works just fine with the Keyboard Sampler and the assignable controls (trackvolume, pan, etc.) I can't howerver get it to trigger the pads of the drummachien.

I checkt the output of the MPD 26 with a MIDI Monitor and it sends all the needed data
(Note on/off, velocity, etc.) on the assigned channel, but the pads in the drummachien do not react to any of those. They would not even react when I tried to assign them via MIDI Learn to the Pads of the MPD 26.

Could you help me out on this dilemma, as I'm really fond of the App itself, it would be great to have this issue fixed.

Thanks for helping

Greatings Thompson

Comments

• edited 10:44AM
    Welcome to the forum. Program your surface so that the pads start at note zero.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Unfortunatly I'm not real good with MIDI, so it would help me if you could give me some details on how to do this.
    Ok got it! Thanks for your help, I would have never figuered it out!
    You would have figured it out!
    What I like to do with certain projects is assign the rows of pads to different midi channels, then you can control multiple drum machines very easily