BM2 vs iMPC

edited January 2013 in Support
I think BM2 is ahead of it, but the live, direct "turntable" sampler feature is something BM2 really needs! Besides that I think Akai has some catching up to do.

Comments

• edited 6:24AM
    I've been playing with iMPC today quite a bit, but it doesn't come close to BM 2. It's a lot of fun and comes with a great soundset, but the control ability you have in sound, fx, midi, trigger type, routing, chop, editing, etc., etc. in BM 2 can't be beat by any other drum sampler type instrument on iOS yet. That's just a portion of what BM 2 can do. The iMPC as a plugin in Tabletop is pretty cool. Lots of new options used there, but I still love BM 2 over any other app.
    Worm helmet is right- it is pleasing to the eye and fun, but not a whole lot going on under the hood. Looks like tabletop is trying the Reason mindset- pretty cool!
    How is Tabletop? compared to BM2
    Apples and oranges- tabletop is modular, but the innovative thing about tabletop is that it becomes a host for apps like impc.
    Impc will work by itself or inside tabletop.
    Ironically, the 'Gridlok' pad sampler has a tiny bit more capability. You can load loops cut up in Recycle, load into one pad in Gridlok and the loop will tempo sync. Same functionality as BM's auto-loop but with tempo lock.

The one thing that both iMPC and Tabletop have over BM is quantized pattern switching. I'm interested in using BM for live shows, and using the linear editor isnt the best for that. HOWEVER, you guys know that you can tap in the timeline during playback, and the sequencer will always stay in time? Kind of a legato type sync. So awesome. Intua should brag on that feature more.
    Tabletop is...just not deep at all...
    The sampleplayback keyboard is latent, ugly, and wimpy
    The rs4000 is pop and clicky and weaaaaaak compared to other ios synths
    The step recording grid (new) is better...but crashy

Now to the impc...
    HAHAHAHAHA it has a couple of things, but mostly its weak in comparison to bm2
    No chop facility...
    Sample start and end sliders are insanely hard to edit and or see where you are putting them on the wavefile.
    When it is in tabletop...impc loses features...but gains a sequencer timeline...that it doesnt have in stand alone. WTF?
    Sometimes the pads trigger good...sometimes they dont at all for faster rolls...yuck...
    IMPC VS BM2 is like Cubasis VS Auria....no comparison...period.
    Unless you are just an MPC FANBOY...save yourself 7 bucks and forget about impc
    Audiobus and virtual midi is going to make tabletop obsolete...my opinion.

If intua would make patch editing user friendly...i could kill off a few more apps as well
    Yeah it's actually strange to me how bad the impc is. As a lifelong MPC user, I was really looking forward to it and the Fly. They blew it in a major way.

They do have much better stock sounds than BM2 though. And that turntable sampler with the record feature would be great in BM2. I'm sick of loading a huge file, extracting a part, saving it, chopping it, re-saving it, blah blah blah. impc actually wins in that category for workflow speed.
    BM2 ALL THE WAY IN MY BOOK INTUA ROCKS' IMPC HAS A LONG WAY TO GO...
    Cubasis VS Auria......Cubasis really that much better? I was about to get Auria till i read this Micgee.... as of now i have just been bring my BM2 project into Logic 9. but want something for the iPad, More then Multitrack or Meteor (which i have)

I'll just make a new thread about this topic here. <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.intua.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3414">viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3414</a><!-- l -->
    Oh you misunderstood me, my bad homie...cubasis has nothing on Auria...

auria is lightyears ahead of any other ipad daw...period.

I am sorry it seemed otherwise.