Keybopard Madness

edited January 2013 in Support
First I love the program. But my only dilemna is i have 1200 sounds i am importing. Most of them are multi layers..some have about 10-12 layers or stretch the board with samples like a piano sounds. I am in the process of converting them over to BMK2.
have to.
1. create a keyboard, settings, mapping
2. create a zone, import piano sound...lets say base key C4
3. Adjust the base key to C4, then adjust the High Key
4. Add new zone and import anothe part of the piano sample...C5 and do the same
sometimes there are about 10 different ones.
5 Add new layer to the piano if there are diffrent sounds like the sound of the piano board
and go throught the process again...Then Save it and done...Iknow hey if i want a quality sound this is what i have to and what i am doing 1200 times. but now for my feature suggestions:

1.either a import sound base key reader or the ability to manually type in the base key,
the high key and the low key in keyboard mapping. even hold down base key window and tap the right key on the keyboard would help. or even drag and drop to keys like on the beat machine...luv that feature.
2.import multiple samples at once...my 1200 sounds with multiple samples in each adds up
to months of work. but i like the program enough to do it.
3. when i save the sound in a folder and want to change something and save it again with the same name let it save in the same folder window. example Piano and Piano(1)...(2)..etc.

well thats about it. I love the program enough to give up reason and stick with this one now that i can import my sounds with layers..just needs to be faster......ok back to my 1200 sounds...lol

Comments

• edited 4:00AM
    Hello snuup408,

We will improve the mapping editor to ease the process in a future update.
    Sample drag'n'drop and visual zone mapping is something we'd like to add.

Thanks for all your suggestions !

Mathieu.
    Thank for the reply and keep up th good work....Your program has every other one beat hands down!!!!
    Its not at all a smooth process.
    Ty intua for acknowledging this and planning on its improvement.
    I will however add that i can make a nice preset patch much faster in samplewiz...
    Modern mode sampling is great for this...

Samplewiz can recognize the pitch of the sample and automap it...then the engine can be switched to modern sampling mode...and time,pitch,formant will make sure the notes are very realistic over a pretty large range...great for space limitations like there is on the ipad