Beatmaker 2 and Sampletank don't play together well

edited January 2013 in Support
Hello,

On an iPhone 5 or iPad 2 running iOS 6, each with all other apps shut down and having just been rebooted, I can't get Sampletank to play properly driven by virtual MIDI from Beatmaker 2. Sampletank sounds garbled to an unlistenable degree. I have to turn down the volume while recording MIDI performances this way. Once recorded, shutting down Beatmaker 2 allows Sampletank to play back recordings sounding normally.

In Sampletank there is an option (A vs. B) where B is recommended with sound problems. This occurs even with B selected.

Are you able to reproduce this assuming you have Sampletank? Any ideas? BM2 is the only app I have with a sequencer that does background virtual MIDI, but some interaction with Sampletank makes the latter just horrible!

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• edited 4:55AM
    I have the same issue as well. If you record what you want through virtual midi and close sampletank after export the audio will sound the way it's supposed to. It's annoying but it works. I have the same issue with igrand piano. Changing the dock options helps sometimes but there's still always a little distortion I believe the issue is with sampletank though because it only happens with their apps and others apps besides BM2. If it makes any difference I'm using an iPad 2.
  • Thanks for the response.

I hope IKM update Sampletank but I am not holding my breath.

Best,
    Michael