Beatmaker projects in Beatmaker2 - Directory Problem!??!

edited January 2013 in Support
Hi peoples

Im trying to install Beatmaker projects in Beatmaker2

I've placed two folders titled 'S beat' (containing bmkz) and 'u beat'(bm and bms) in my directory using FileZilla. These files now appear under 'My Content' in beatmaker2

when i try to load a bm project from the ' beat' folder an 'Error' message appears with a list of 'file not found: rsrc:/.... ' .

I'm guessing this is a simple directory problem?

Could someone explain where i went wrong?

thanks.
tvee

Comments

• edited 7:45AM
    Someone posted an issue similar to this and heres how I responded. Maybe it can help you as well.

Ive had that issue too. If you're only importing the bm2 file and not the sounds or samples that go with everything in that project, I think you have to import the bm2 file to the same directory that it was created in.

Are you using the copy samples option? I think if you choose the copy samples option you will not have this issue and you can import it where you wish including exchanging between the iPhone and iPad apps.

I have had this issue with presets I have made as well. I think it has something to do with the project file not really having sounds in it but instead having links to sounds in the BM2 app. If you change the link or move the project file I'm assuming the sounds in the BM2 app no longer have the same link to the project file. If you use the copy samples option all of the samples in your project are now copied to a new folder along with the bm2 project file. This creates a new link to the sounds but since they are now in a new folder along with the project file, that folder can be archived because everything is now in the same directory.

Did that make sense?
  • edited 7:45AM
    Hello tvtv,

Would you be able to send one of your project file so we can take a look ?
    Please contact us at: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@intua.net">support@intua.net</a><!-- e -->

Thanks !
    Mathieu.