MPK MINI using too much power :-(

edited February 2013 in Support
Anyone have any advice for a midi controler using too much power?

I have been using my mpk mini with beatmaker 2 lately and I love it.

But for some reason I keep on getting a power issue message when ever I use the drum pads too much. I set the drum pads so that they can control the drum machine in BM2 and even when in playback mode I can see the drum pads still moving about since it has a red light made within each pad indicating when its tapped.

I think this is what causes too much power to be drawn.

Anyone know how to stop the drum pads from being triggered on the midi device, so that their only used when in the drum machine menu on my ipad?

Or can anyone give me advice for this problem?

Thank you.

Comments

• edited 4:27AM
    The only solution i know is using a powered HUB then.Although for a lot of people it seems to run without a HUB.I was also interested in this thing but i got a Nanokey 2 now that works without a problem.You could try to unplug it and plug it in again when you experience problems.
    I know, I don't know what the problem is. Maybe it's because I use the drum pads on the controller but I doubt it.

I may have to invest in a USB hub then I guess, thanks for the advice.
    I ended up taking midi out off and now it works and doesn't use as much power.

I guess this would be a good tip for those using mpk mini on ios6. I read that ios makes the amount of output power from camera connection kit less within every update or some sort of conspiracy like that. But idk.