Cracks since update 2.4.3 and 2.4.4

edited March 2013 in Support
Hello,
I got a big problems with beatmaker 2 since I've update to 2.4.3. And 2.4.4.
There is cracks and kind of distortion when it playing.
It´s less and some times it disappears when I'm on the mixer screen or instrument editing.
I've got an iPad 2.

Thank you,
Luis

Comments

• Hello Luisdf,

With the introduction of 2.4.3 and 2.4.4, we've changed the default audio latency to 256 frames to provide better responsiveness to Audiobus connected apps. Some older devices, such as the iPad 2, might be overloaded if your project uses a lot of instruments, effects and audio tracks.

However, we are preparing the 2.4.5 update which will bring back the latency setting.
    In the meantime, you can tweak your instrument polyphony and try lowering it.

Also, if you have Audiobus, you can set it to run at 512 frames. BeatMaker 2 will adapt to this latency.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Mathieu.
  • edited 9:21AM
    Ok, Thank you Mathieu.
    Luis
    This version has created my worst audio nightmare. My current project has thirty tracks and over 100 sounds and the new version has reverted three months of work to a distorted mess. Changing the polyphony settings isn't changing anything.

Please tell me the old settings will come in a patch update VERY SOON. I've got eight audio projects currently on hold until this gets fixed.

What's the ETA on a fix?

Where can I get the previous version to downgrade?
    This version has created my worst audio nightmare. My current project has thirty tracks and over 100 sounds and the new version has reverted three months of work to a distorted mess. Changing the polyphony settings isn't changing anything.

Please tell me the old settings will come in a patch update VERY SOON. I've got eight audio projects currently on hold until this gets fixed.

What's the ETA on a fix?

Where can I get the previous version to downgrade?

If you haven't synced your iDevice with iTunes since the new update, you may have a previous version of BM2 in your iTunes library.

To install an old version, you'll need to back up all of your files in BM2, delete it from your device, and install the version in your iTunes library.

That's the only way to roll back to an old version that I'm aware of.
    Turns out that was a great idea. I backed up my iTunes library last month and had a copy of 2.4.2 in there. I backed everything up, reinstalled BM (2.4.2 this time) and spent the day reloading my samples and projects.

Sure enough I'm back where I was before 2.4.4 starting burping (sans distortion).

Thanks haunted for exorcising the ghost from my machine!