Distorting drums

edited May 2013 in General
I was wondering what effects do you guys usually use to distort drums?

I was thinking about adding some distortions to some of my drums but still want them to sound some what clean and not too distorted. For those of you that listen to Tyler, the creator and heard his wolf album, think that kind of sound especially with the snare and the kick. It's like he has a flam snare sometimes but it also has a very gritty, yet subtle distortion to it.

You can even think of the drums in this song to have an idea of what im talking about.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=" m -->

Does anyone have an idea of how these drums sounds can be achieved in BM2. Like what would I used Flanger, or bit crusher?

Comments

• edited 9:15AM
    I would start by creating an fx bus, with the compressor, overdrive and an eq6.
    Then use the sends to send a bit of the drums to the fx bus...
    The compressor will help tame the signal, overdrive will distort it, then eq to taste
    I would start by creating an fx bus, with the compressor, overdrive and an eq6.
    Then use the sends to send a bit of the drums to the fx bus...
    The compressor will help tame the signal, overdrive will distort it, then eq to taste
    Thanks Dub!

I will try this out.
    I use bit crusher fx @ 13.5 bit and 22.5 khz to "dirty" my drums, get some good results with it.